Camp Logos

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 218
Scott Burke | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 29 2010 11:19 AM

For those who have attended Camp Logos, do you recommend it?  If so, why do do you recommend going?  Thank you and Lord bless!

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 11:57 AM

Morris does the best seminar of anyone that I have ever known on any subject.

Very well organized. Very productive. Covers a huge amount of material quickly and efficiently.

Systematically helps all Logos users (regardless of previous experience) to better understand and use the power of Logos software.

He makes solid recommendations on software choices and has some great values to offer at the seminar.

It also provides you a chance to interact and network with other Logos users.

Posts 114
Steve Hultquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:19 PM

Edwin Bowden:

Morris does the best seminar of anyone that I have ever known on any subject.

Very well organized. Very productive. Covers a huge amount of material quickly and efficiently.

Systematically helps all Logos users (regardless of previous experience) to better understand and use the power of Logos software.

He makes solid recommendations on software choices and has some great values to offer at the seminar.

It also provides you a chance to interact and network with other Logos users.

I completely agree. Furthermore, he teaches not only the Logos system, but gives solid glimpses into the power of using the tools for study and teaching. I have spent hundreds of hours in many trainings over the years, and Morris' training on Logos is by far the best, most comprehensive learning experience I have ever had.

You won't go wrong with Camp Logos!

Posts 21
Kim Pagel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:32 PM

My only regret is that I wish I had done it years ago! Camp Logos gave me a solid foundation to build from, learning how the software works. It helped me set up my collections, layouts, and notes/clippings in favorites which have been a huge help. Like the others, I have been to a lot of training seminars. Camp Logos met and even exceeded my expectations.

Posts 263
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:47 PM

Scott,  I agree with Edwin and Steve about the quality of the seminar. Our church (Huntsville, Alabama area) just hosted a Camp Logos and had a great experience. We had around 70 people from several different states, and I talked with no one who did not feel it was well worth their time and money. There is great value to getting away for a couple of days and focusing on using the software for several hours each day.  Morris does a very, very good job of pacing the seminar while combining instruction and practical hands on time.

My experience with the discounts offered at Camp Logos was the only disappointment. I didn't find them to be especially good deals. In fact, I have gotten better deals by talking with my Logos sales representative by phone/emails and by snagging sales during Christmas time and Logos March Madness. The main advantage to buying at Camp Logos is that they have computers where you can actually try out resources before you buy them.  Therefore, Camp Logos is the only place that I am aware of where you can see a laptop with EVERY Logos title on the hard drive - that's 10,000 volumes!

I agree about Morris' resource recommendations. I have found those he said were very helpful to be just that.  

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 1:17 PM

I agree with all previous posters.  Even if you have "mastered" Logos you will learn new things.  However, if you really are advanced in Logos 4 use, some may consider skipping Camp Logos 1 and going to Camp Logos 2(unless money and time aren't a concern).  Either way, Mo is a top notch instructor.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 2:17 PM

Does every attendee need to have a logos account?  Or do they log in to a generic template? In other words, can I bring a friend who doesn't have Logos? (Yet).

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:15 PM

Jerry M:

I agree with all previous posters.  Even if you have "mastered" Logos you will learn new things.  However, if you really are advanced in Logos 4 use, some may consider skipping Camp Logos 1 and going to Camp Logos 2(unless money and time aren't a concern).  Either way, Mo is a top notch instructor.

Hi Jerry,

I can't find any mention of Camp Logos 2 for L4 at http://www.mpseminars.com/  Can you tell me where you found it?  Thanks!

For version 3, Morris did make a dvd series to purchase.  And that was both for Camp Logos 1 and Camp Logos 2-two series.

Posts 9089
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:16 PM

Joan: http://www.mpseminars.com/index.cfm/PageID/756 Check the right side of the page for links to more information.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:21 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Joan: http://www.mpseminars.com/index.cfm/PageID/756 Check the right side of the page for links to more information.

Hey Mark,

No way-that is too far from home!  And I am a  northerner.   Big Smile  Thanks for the link.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 6:37 PM

Roger,

I would think camp logos could work for a person that does not have an account.  I would think they could get an account to use for the training and then it goes away.  Of course, this is not the final word on it.....but I am in Camp Logos I have come home from the first session today and will be going back for day two tomorrow and I will ask Morris then.  I will email the response as soon as I can.  Probably in the evening.

Just to answer the original Poster........YES.....You definately need to plan on getting to a Camp Logos!!!!!!!!!!  It is really REALLY Good. 

Posts 9089
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 7:22 PM

Joan Korte:
No way-that is too far from home!  And I am a  northerner. 

Yeah, I am a northerner, too, but I can occasionally get along with southerners. Wink

There will be a second Camp 2 just after the first, but in Houston: http://www.mpseminars.com/index.cfm/pageid/579/index.html

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5003
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 7:29 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Joan Korte:
No way-that is too far from home!  And I am a  northerner. 

Yeah, I am a northerner, too, but I can occasionally get along with southerners. Wink

There will be a second Camp 2 just after the first, but in Houston: http://www.mpseminars.com/index.cfm/pageid/579/index.html

I'm a northern but from different parts.... I'll have to wait for the videos since MP Seminars doesn't make it to my part of the globe...

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:41 PM

Mark A. Smith:
There will be a second Camp 2 just after the first

As I have been in Camp 1 today and will be tomorrow, I am hearing that a camp 2 may very well be happening in January in Phoenix.  Again, If I hear more I will post it here.

Posts 18
Paul D. Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 3:37 PM

I just attended Camp LOGOS 1 in Houston, TX early this month. What a great experience! I have been a LOGOS software owner for a decade but never really learned how to use it. When version 4 came out, I upgraded and immediately made my reservation for Camp LOGOS. Great information given in a way so that it was not only understandable but reproducible when I got back home. I just got notification that Camp 2 is going to be held in Houston in December and I have already registered. It is just that good. Powerful software ... great training ... what a wonderful combination!

Posts 218
Scott Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:57 PM

I appreciate all the feedback everyone has been giving.  There is a Camp Logos in my area within the next two months and I would like nothing more to attend.  Please pray that the Lord works out the financial aspect so I can attend.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 8:30 PM

Scott Burke:
Please pray that the Lord works out the financial aspect so I can attend.

Consider it done Scott!  You will absolutely love Camp Logos!  It was really good.  I consider if you are comfortable on a computer and know of the basics....you will get lots out of camp 1.  As people have stated, use Logos for any period of time..... Camp 1 is still great because of some of the little known tricks that Morris knows about just makes it all worth it.  He is so knowledge able if you ask a question that is "camp 2" material he will still answer it for you....so quickly everyone gets something out of it. 

Roger,

Concerning Logos account and camp Logos.  It seems that idea is not at fruition.....right now but it is on the drawing boards.  Morris mentioned using Biblia.com and that will get a library available for the person learning about L4.   He mentioned something about current users of L4 can go their and have their libraries available.  I am not sure about all the searching and such.̣...  I have never used Biblia so.....best is to go there and peruse yourself. 

FYI, for anyone out there.......

Camp 2 Logos in Phoenix on March 28-29.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS