Notes hyperlinks?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 31 2010 10:08 PM

Is there a way to have a hyperlink to a Biblical passage in a different translation than our preferred Bible in our notes?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 10:26 PM

This is shown in the wiki page Hyperlinks, see Creating (it says in step 2 that it uses your default Bible, but it really takes you to the translation that you copied from, this wiki page needs updating)
or see How do I add a hyperlink to the note file?

my preferred Bible is the NIV. i can create links to the ESV and other translations.
Also this method works for creating links to Charts or images in other books since you cannot put images into notes.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:55 PM

Jerry,

i have update the wiki Note section How do I add a hyperlink to the note file?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:23 AM

Thanks Steve,  I appreciate the update.  I was pondering how to put a link to a Bible translation I don't normally use, into an existing note.  I knew how to do that at one time, but never really used that feature and forgot how.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:21 AM

Jerry M:
I was pondering how to put a link to a Bible translation I don't normally use, into an existing note.

i added more to the wiki to clarify how to do that in the wiki: How do I add a hyperlink to the note file?
see the bullet below the steps.

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:22 PM

Thanks for the Wiki update Steve - now if the cursor would just keep up with my typing in notes...

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:44 PM

Good to know.

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 10:36 AM

Is there a way to hyperlink other books in Logos in notes, other than the Bible?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 10:59 AM

J Hale:
Is there a way to hyperlink other books in Logos in notes, other than the Bible?

Yes, it is just the same steps but in other books. (e.g. commentaries, study Bibles, atlases)

see the wiki page How do I add a hyperlink to the note file?

Just click on the icon of your open resource (like shown in the above wiki page) and click on URL, same as shown in the wiki.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 11:17 AM

steve clark:
it says in step 2 that it uses your default Bible, but it really takes you to the translation that you copied from, this wiki page needs updating)

Actually steve, the statement means to communicate that Logos will automatically create links to the Bible references that you type out.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 11:24 AM

Kevin Becker:
Actually steve, the statement means to communicate that Logos will automatically create links to the Bible references that you type out.

Forgive me Kevin, i just didn't objectively read it. Default just clicked in this old head as preferred Bible. Sorry. (too bad that we can't edit old posts)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS