Resource not loading

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:27 PM

Hello all!

Got a rather strange bug here. Without signing in, Biblia.com works fine; I see the Bible on the left, and the resources on the right. As soon as I sign in, however, everything on the right (ie: the resource dropdown picker, any resource content) disappears, and I get a message saying: "Sorry, an error was encountered while switching resources."

Have tested this in Chrome 6, Opera. (With and without extensions - the problem persists!)

Nicholas

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:21 AM

We've tracked down the exceptions generated by your issue and will let you know what we find ASAP.  Thanks for the thorough bug description!

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:00 PM

Nicholas,

Biblia will load your highest ranked non-Bible resource in the right pane. When you are not signed in, you're seeing default rankings, but when you sign in Biblia is trying to load "The Preacher's Commentary Series, Volume 8: 1, 2 Samuel". We have discovered an error in that resource that our code fails to account for. We have implemented a fix, but unfortunately it won't make it into the next release. It will most likely be available in the release currently scheduled for the 14th. 

Thanks again for point it out to us, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Bryan

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:40 PM

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the update!

God bless,

Nick

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:05 AM

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there's been any movement on this (still malfunctioning at this end!)

PS: GREAT work on the table of contents!

Nick

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:19 AM

Yep, the fix will go out in the next update, which will likely be today or tomorrow.

Glad you like the table of contents :)

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:12 AM

The fix is live now. Thanks for your patience :)

Bryan

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:48 PM

Brilliant! *Much* appreciated - now I don't have to keep firing up a virtual windows machine!

Keep up the great work,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS