Wow Tozer is now on an even greater special

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 5 2010 3:27 PM

Last month, in fact it was 26th of August we saw a discussion about a special on Tozer being apparently target at specific users http://community.logos.com/forums/t/22089.aspx. Now we are in September little more than a week later Logos is offering Tozer at an even cheaper price than that special on the Facebook page.  Much discussion comes up on Logos pricing policy and I generally, though not always, try to either say nothing or say something positive about Logos.  However on this instance I really have to say I don't understand Logos doing this ... targeting a group of users on a product at one price and the a week or so later offering it to everyone at an even cheaper price.. If it was three months down the track, fair enough, but a week later ?  Ultimately they are free to do as they like when it comes to special pricing but this one seems like it should be at least raised because it sends out a very confusing message.

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 3:46 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

Last month, in fact it was 26th of August we saw a discussion about a special on Tozer being apparently target at specific users http://community.logos.com/forums/t/22089.aspx. Now we are in September little more than a week later Logos is offering Tozer at an even cheaper price than that special on the Facebook page.  Much discussion comes up on Logos pricing policy and I generally, though not always, try to either say nothing or say something positive about Logos.  However on this instance I really have to say I don't understand Logos doing this ... targeting a group of users on a product at one price and the a week or so later offering it to everyone at an even cheaper price.. If it was three months down the track, fair enough, but a week later ?  Ultimately they are free to do as they like when it comes to special pricing but this one seems like it should be at least raised because it sends out a very confusing message.

Wow, that's even less than I got it through my sales rep, which was less than the previous targeted sale price. I guess they are trying to reward people for using Facebook to spread the word about Logos around. I guess it's working (better than the old Logos Facebook Users group was) as there are now 15,343 users who "like" this Logos page, but only 813 members of the Logos FB Users group.

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 3:49 PM

Rosie Perera:

Andrew McKenzie:

Wow, that's even less than I got it through my sales rep, which was less than the previous targeted sale price. I guess they are trying to reward people for using Facebook to spread the word about Logos around. I guess it's working (better than the old Logos Facebook Users group was) as there are now 15,343 users who "like" this Logos page, but only 813 members of the Logos FB Users group.

But is it doing the right thing by customers who were target by an offer last week.   We often staunchly defend Logos on their pricing and say they look after the customer, but in this instance have they really looked after those targeted customers ?  I can't find a way to say they have in this specific instance. I just hope they think it bit more on the timing of some of these offers.

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 4:21 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
But is it doing the right thing by customers who were target by an offer last week.   We often staunchly defend Logos on their pricing and say they look after the customer, but in this instance have they really looked after those targeted customers ?  I can't find a way to say they have in this specific instance. I just hope they think it bit more on the timing of some of these offers.

Yeah, good point. I've experienced that odd sensation in the past that something wasn't quite being thought out in their marketing strategy: I once received a targeted sale email offering some product for a discount, but it was currently on offer for less than that in the March Madness sale (available to everyone) so it was odd of them to think I'd jump at the email offer. But if I'd been so dumb to jump at it without being aware of the other sale going on, I would have felt that I'd been had.

UPDATE: I wonder if this sort of thing goes on all the time in marketing in other companies, but we're just more aware of it now with Logos because: (a) we're privy to more different sales channels being more connected to them via email, Facebook, the website; (b) we have a longer-term relationship with Logos than we tend to with other companies and we buy more products from them over time, offering more opportunity to see the inner workings going on. Still, I would want to believe that a company founded on Christian values keeps fairness to all its customers in mind when planning marketing strategies.

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:19 PM

Rosie Perera:

Andrew McKenzie:

Yeah, good point. I've experienced that odd sensation in the past that something wasn't quite being thought out in their marketing strategy: I once received a targeted sale email offering some product for a discount, but it was currently on offer for less than that in the March Madness sale (available to everyone) so it was odd of them to think I'd jump at the email offer. But if I'd been so dumb to jump at it without being aware of the other sale going on, I would have felt that I'd been had.

UPDATE: I wonder if this sort of thing goes on all the time in marketing in other companies, but we're just more aware of it now with Logos because: (a) we're privy to more different sales channels being more connected to them via email, Facebook, the website; (b) we have a longer-term relationship with Logos than we tend to with other companies and we buy more products from them over time, offering more opportunity to see the inner workings going on. Still, I would want to believe that a company founded on Christian values keeps fairness to all its customers in mind when planning marketing strategies.

I don't believe there was any intent by Logos on this, just a case of poor timing, maybe even a memo being missed somewhere.  I'm sure it has occurred in with other retailers also just seems out of character for Logos.

All that said and done anyone who didn't get offered Tozer last time.. .here's an opportunity to jump in at an ever cheaper price if you really wanted it... unless of course your saving for EEC.

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:07 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

I don't believe there was any intent by Logos on this, just a case of poor timing, maybe even a memo being missed somewhere.  I'm sure it has occurred in with other retailers also just seems out of character for Logos.

Well, Logos has probably gotten big enough now that these things are done by different people and it's quite possible that someone didn't know the other sale had just happened so recently. No uniform procedures in place yet for ensuring consistency across all departments, which tends to happen along the way as companies grow. They'll get it ironed out, I'm sure.

Posts 3650
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:18 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
Now we are in September little more than a week later Logos is offering Tozer at an even cheaper price than that special on the Facebook page

Okay - where do I find this amazing new price?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:22 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Ha I asked the same question to myself.  Its on the Facebook.com Logos fan page.  When you sign up for Facebook and "like" the Logos fan page you gain access to two facebook exclusive offers a month (at least I think they've been changing them every month)

*edit* - Here's the link and the "Fan Special" tab at the top is where the offers are located

http://www.facebook.com/BibleSoftware

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:32 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Andrew McKenzie:
Now we are in September little more than a week later Logos is offering Tozer at an even cheaper price than that special on the Facebook page

If you've got a Facebook account, you can go to the Logos Bible Software Fan page (http://www.facebook.com/BibleSoftware) and "Like" it and then you'll be able to see all the weekly monthly "Fan Specials."

EDIT: Oops, I see Paul beat me to it. And he's right, it appears they are monthly specials, not weekly. I think they've only been doing this since August. I'd never noticed them before

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:51 AM

I was already a fan and had hit the "like" button.   So, all I did was hit the unlike button, then hit the like button and the Tozer price was there. 

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:36 AM

Garrett Mercury:

I was already a fan and had hit the "like" button.   So, all I did was hit the unlike button, then hit the like button and the Tozer price was there. 

I was a fan, but hadn't noticed the "Fan Specials" tab. I'll have to remember to check that every month.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:04 AM

Paul Newsome:

Floyd Johnson:

Ha I asked the same question to myself.  Its on the Facebook.com Logos fan page.  When you sign up for Facebook and "like" the Logos fan page you gain access to two facebook exclusive offers a month (at least I think they've been changing them every month)

*edit* - Here's the link and the "Fan Special" tab at the top is where the offers are located

http://www.facebook.com/BibleSoftware

Is there a way to find out about these specials if your not a facebook member?  Some of us would rather not provide email addresses or other information to social networking sites due to privacy issues.

Thanks

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:18 AM

Mike W:
Is there a way to find out about these specials if your not a facebook member?  Some of us would rather not provide email addresses or other information to social networking sites due to privacy issues.

Nope. Unfortunately not. I can tell you a way to work around that, but I generally discourage people from using FB because it sucks you in and is a complete waste of time. But if you really want to get those deals...you can use FB without providing any other info than a name, and email address, and a birthdate. Your birthdate is probably already publicly available on the web anyway (for a fee, perhaps), but you can use a fake birthdate and fake name if you're really nervous about the privacy thing (always a good idea). The email address does have to work, but it doesn't have to be your main one. Some people create a bunch of extra throw-away email addresses just for purposes like this, and set them up to forward to their main address. If they ever start getting spam or wanting to cancel the account on the site they gave that address to, they simply delete the email address. The easiest way to do this is to set up your own domain name (which is relatively inexpensive and can be done easily through companies like Dotster or GoDaddy) and create a separate email address for each site you visit that needs an email address; facebook (at) yourdomain (dot) come, etc.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:26 PM

Hey Garrett,

Maybe you already know this but when you're in, you're in.  Once a fan, always a fan, and you always have access to the new offers.  No need to keep unlikeing then re-likeing.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:28 PM

Ah.  Thanks.  And I thought I was being clever!!

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:25 PM

those are good prices; regretfully, i bought at thw top of the market ... just like my houseTongue Tied

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:01 PM

Mike W:

Yes - look at the HTML source.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS