New Internationl reader's version and New International version

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 62
Lester Busald | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:09 PM

I have the scholar's version, and I just noticed that those two bibles are not in my library.  They use to be.  Does anyone know how I can get them back.

Thanks,  Les

Posts 18854
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:04 PM

Lester Busald:

I have the scholar's version, and I just noticed that those two bibles are not in my library.  They use to be.  Does anyone know how I can get them back.

They used to be...when? Before you upgraded to Logos 4? Before you upgraded to Scholar's? Before you reinstalled on a new machine?

Do you still have Logos 3 installed? If so, could you check to see if these two Bibles show up as unlocked in your L3 library? If they are there, then in L3, run Tools > Library Management > Synchronize Licenses. Now restart L4 and see if that fixes the problem.

If not, in L4 go into Tools > Program Settings. Click on Hidden Resources (you might need to scroll down to find it) and see if either or both of these Bibles show up in your list of hidden resources. If so, remove them from there by hovering over their titles until the red X appears to the right and click it. You will need to restart Logos for the changes to take effect.

Also, check to see if you have the actual resource files present in your Resources folder (find the Logos 4 folder on your machine and then look in this subfolder under that: .../Logos4/Data/{random}/Resource Manager/Resources), where {random} is some randomly generated sequence of characters unique to your installation. The filenames you're looking for are NIRV.logos4 and NIV.logos4.

Posts 62
Lester Busald | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:35 PM

Rosie, I do have both of them in logos 3.  I did the synchronize licenses.  After restarting Logos 4 they are still not there. 

Could I have deleted them from my Library somehow???  Is it possible to delete books from our libraries??

The only niv bible I have in my library is "Today's New International Version".

Thanks,  Les

Posts 62
Lester Busald | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:56 PM

Hi rosie, I checked my L4 and they both were in my hidden files folder.  I deleted them and restarted L4 and it is indexing now, so it must be putting them back in.

Thank you so much.  Les

Posts 18854
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:26 PM

Lester Busald:

Could I have deleted them from my Library somehow???  Is it possible to delete books from our libraries??

Yes, as you've discovered. You can delete them by hiding them. You can also delete them by deleting the resource files themselves, but these would normally be restored by running "update resources" from the command bar.

Lester Busald:

Hi rosie, I checked my L4 and they both were in my hidden files folder.  I deleted them and restarted L4 and it is indexing now, so it must be putting them back in.

Glad that's what did the trick. I'm not sure how they could have ended upin your hidden files folder without you knowingly having done that. But I suppose you might have been trying to hide something else and accidentally grabbed hold of these. Anyway, now you know how to fix this problem in the future if something like that ever happens again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS