Ability to change font or zoom?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Chris Dixon | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 13 2010 12:57 PM

When I zoom in using Google Chrome, it only enlarges the borders, graphics, and buttons.  The text stays the same.  When I zoom with IE, the text gets bigger but flickers and/or disappears.  Would it be possible to include a setting for font size?  The default text is too small for me to read comfortably.

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 1:47 AM

+1 from me. But in the meantime, try installing the chrome addon - it's got some niggles, but tends to work fine

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81451

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 7 2010 11:29 PM

The FontSize extension for biblia now does font sizes a whole lot better (and more the way Logos4 does it on the desktop).

The firefox version:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81940   (requires the Greasemonkey addon )

and the chrome version:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88099 (if the font size sliders don't appear, try changing resources. It's a known bug)

Nicholas

Posts 3645
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 2:44 PM

In IE, changing text size does not change the font size of the resource. Zooming works. I have found that when I zoom, the text disappears. I scroll and then it reappears. I figure this must just be needed to refresh the resource. Also, going in full page view allows you to resize the window. The text wraps to the window size. This is nice and emulate a bit of the visual attractiveness of floating windows in Logos 4. Between zooming, full screen and resizing/repositioning the window, I get a much more pleasant reading implement.

Posts 3
dondraper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 30 2011 6:39 AM

I would also like to be able to choose a font. A San-serif font at a minimum. Both Font Family and size should be easily controllable with CSS and saving the user preferences in a cookie. No need to match the Logos setting. BTW the interface is clean, easy to follow and very responsive. Great job!

Posts 3
richard j grubb | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 7:52 PM

Thank you so much for the ......zoom feature !!   It makes a difference.......Bless you  !!!!

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 7:57 PM

+! on that! Another greasemonkey script I can disable! (Except I wont, of course - I still like my font choice better - any chance that selectable fonts are on the radar? - Google provides an API for some nice webfonts...)

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 9:33 PM

Loving the new font-size feature - but please could it be made to persist. (Across all resources in a particular pane would be nice; per resource would be ok :) ) It's somewhat irritating to have to continually "re-select" my desired font-size everytime I change resources...

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 12:19 PM

Per-pane font sizing persistence should be showing up very soon.  At this time selectable fonts are not on our radar but looking into improving the overall quality of our fonts is.

Posts 118
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 3 2011 7:27 PM

Thanks Thomas, good to know.

I'm not sure having selectable fonts is such a big deal for me. But a nicer font (aka sans-serif!) would be good!

To that end, I've updated my Firefox/Chrome font tweaking addons. All they do now is replace the default font with a google sans-serif font (and the SBL Greek font for greek text).

Find them here: Firefox - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81940
                              Chrome - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88099

Keep up the good work! God bless y'all,

Nick

Posts 30
David Drew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 12:37 PM

Thomas Beirne:
Per-pane font sizing persistence should be showing up very soon.  At this time selectable fonts are not on our radar but looking into improving the overall quality of our fonts is.

Please include a sans-serif font at the very minimum.

The rule-of-thumb that I was taught is that sans-serif fonts for on-screen work, serif fonts for physical printouts. I the readability of each is superior in their respective domains. I find the serif font that's used on biblia to be quite fatiguing on the eyes.

Posts 20
Jason Chamberlain | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2011 6:57 AM

Any plans to improve the look of the Hebrew or Greek fonts?

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 6:47 AM

I would like to add my preference for a sans-serif font in biblia.

Posts 6
DrSeew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:57 PM

+1 from me. But in the meantime

Posts 9
Matt Hostetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2012 5:47 AM

Yes I agree.  The ability to change fonts would be greatly appreciated.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:37 AM

Thomas Beirne:

This is good news!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS