Lectionary Behavior in RC2

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 60
Fr. Kevin Maney | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:41 PM

When I click one of the Lectionary readings in RC2, I get VERY different results. Prior to RC2, I when I clicked on one of the Lectionary readings, I would get a Passage Guide et al. along with the passage from Scripture (see screen shot 1).

Now when I click a Lectionary reading, I just get the actual Lectionary reading along with the actual passage from the Bible. (see screen shot 2).

Is this a deviation or the new world for Logos 4? Thanks in advance! Blessings.

JKM+

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:50 PM

Kevin, I think your RC2 screen shot is normal. I use the lectionary and would never get a PG when clicking on a lectionary passage. I would have to copy the passage reference into a PG window to get a passage guide.

But, as always, that's just my inexperienced experience.

Posts 60
Fr. Kevin Maney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:53 PM

Michael Paul:

Kevin, I think your RC2 screen shot is normal. I use the lectionary and would never get a PG when clicking on a lectionary passage. I would have to copy the passage reference into a PG window to get a passage guide.

Hi Michael. Did you not get the PG et al. with previous versions? I don't do Windoze so I have no other frame of reference. Just trying to figure this out. Thanks.

JKM+

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:30 AM

Michael Paul:
Kevin, I think your RC2 screen shot is normal.

Michael's right. Prior to RC2, we were doing it wrong. The RC2 behavior is the expected behavior.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 60
Fr. Kevin Maney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:00 AM

Tom Philpot:

Michael Paul:
Kevin, I think your RC2 screen shot is normal.

Michael's right. Prior to RC2, we were doing it wrong. The RC2 behavior is the expected behavior.

Thanks, Tom and Michael. I personally liked the wrong way better Idea as the new standard behavior appears to be redundant (lectionary readings on the left, identical bible reading on the right--here I am, stuck in the middle with you--apologies to Stealers Wheel).

Tom, my congratulations and thanks to you all for this milestone on the Mac platform. I confess I bought L4 when it was a baby in alpha development with more than a bit of trepidation but am glad I did now. You guys really have gone the extra mile in addressing our support concerns. Thanks and blessings.

JKM+

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS