My Content Questions

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 65
J. Bryant Evans | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:50 AM

Ok, probably been asked before but I can't find it...

Is it possible to have L4 search documents created outside of Logos for inclusion in the My Content reports? For example, can it search a directory of Word documents? I have so many files, lessons, sermons, transcripts, papers, articles, etc. that it would be great for them to be included too.

Thanks!

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:56 AM

No, sorry. But in the (near?) future Logos will release a module called Personal Book Builder that will allow us to create our own Logos resources. It's not yet clear what formats we'll be able to import, nor whether there will be an additional cost.

Posts 592
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:25 AM

Joseph B Evans:

Ok, probably been asked before but I can't find it...

Is it possible to have L4 search documents created outside of Logos for inclusion in the My Content reports? For example, can it search a directory of Word documents? I have so many files, lessons, sermons, transcripts, papers, articles, etc. that it would be great for them to be included too.

Thanks!

Joseph,

Do you possibly have Libronix (Logos 3)? with the Sermon File Add-in? If you do, you could put all those articles, lessons, sermons, etc., into that and then save them in L3. When you boot L4, it should recognize the new content and then the "book" formed by the sermon add-in and would then be available in L4. However, if you do not have L3, then this suggestion doesn't work.

Posts 65
J. Bryant Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:42 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

Do you possibly have Libronix (Logos 3)? with the Sermon File Add-in? If you do, you could put all those articles, lessons, sermons, etc., into that and then save them in L3. When you boot L4, it should recognize the new content and then the "book" formed by the sermon add-in and would then be available in L4. However, if you do not have L3, then this suggestion doesn't work.

I bought a new computer shortly after L4 appeared. I don't have L3 any longer but I did move my notes over from the L3 format. Guess I will wait for the PPB to arrive.

Thanks.

Posts 592
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 11:23 AM

Joseph B Evans:

Bill Shewmaker:

I bought a new computer shortly after L4 appeared. I don't have L3 any longer but I did move my notes over from the L3 format. Guess I will wait for the PPB to arrive.

Thanks.

Do you still have your installation disks for L3? You can run both programs on the computer and that would allow you to have a work around...

Posts 65
J. Bryant Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:55 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Do you still have your installation disks for L3? You can run both programs on the computer and that would allow you to have a work around...

I might have them somewhere Bill but your guess is as good as mine. I'm fine for now though and will wait and hope for the PPB at some point. If it happens, fine, if not that is ok too. I'm just thrilled to have printing again!

Bryant

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS