Video Introducing the new features of Logos 4.1

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:50 AM

Logos 4.1 has not yet been officially launched, but it must be imminent. So I've continued my tradition of releasing a video showing the new features. Because there's so much that's new, it's a bit longer than normal, but I've tried to strike the right balance between detail and brevity.

The new features are:

• Printing and Exporting
  • Smart Tags are back (for getting bible text into Microsoft Word)
  • Lectionary support in Passage Guide
  • Multiple Translation wheels in Bible Word Study
  • Mouse gestures
  • Minor tweaks to Passage Lists and Copy Location
  • Sentence Diagramming
  • More dictionaries added to the topic search (aka LCV)
Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:51 AM

Mark, I just wanted to let you know that you rock! Yes Smile

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 8:51 AM

Mark, Peace to you!  And Joy!

One of the things I am thankful for is that our Gracious God desires our thanks and praise!  Not only is it our duty -- but our joyful privilege -- to offer him our thanksgivings -- finally our reasonable service -- to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice.

It seems to me that is what you are doing, offering yourself to God and His People in joyful service in the Kingdom, even in the heat and burden of the day.

So, hopefully, you won't weary of your Fellow Forum Community members saying heart-felt Thank You's to you!  *smile*

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2498
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 8:56 AM

Most excellent Mark!

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 9:50 AM

Great job once again, Mark.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11
Gabriel Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:03 AM

This is probably a dumb question, but will these updates be free for current 4.0 users?

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:06 AM

Gabriel Rodriguez:

This is probably a dumb question, but will these updates be free for current 4.0 users?

Yes!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 11
Gabriel Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:08 AM

Praise God. Logos is the best. Yes

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:26 AM

Any idea when this will be made available (not as a beta)?

Posts 8659
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:26 AM

I'm watching it now, great job Mark!

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 740
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:30 AM

Mark -

Have not watched this one yet, but have received great benefit from your earlier ones.

Thank you so much - a true ministry to the rest of us!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 19121
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:31 AM

Mark, thank you again. I'm so glad you're a traditionalist! Smile

David Saylor:

Any idea when this will be made available (not as a beta)?

It's hard to tell. I would have said "any day now" if you'd asked a week ago. But they are taking uncharacteristically long in moving on from RC2 to either RC3 or the "gold" release. So I'm wondering if maybe the bug count has been higher than anticipated and they've had to go back into damage-control mode for a while before they can resurface with another release candidate. Still, it can't be long now. I don't think they'll be adding any more feature enhancements at this point, just bug fixes.

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:04 PM

Mark

Excellent - Thanks

Andrew

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:07 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Great job once again, Mark.

Thanks Mark! I can't wait for the new printing features - looks like a well implemented feature,

On the video, I noticed an item in the file menu called "Study Documents". I haven't seen this before. Is this a new feature too? What does it do?

Thanks again!!!! YesYesYes

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:15 PM

Outstanding!  Thank you, Mark. 

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:18 PM

Thank you Mark! Very well done as usual.
added to the wiki video page.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:23 PM

Thanks Mark

Greatly appreciated.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 4:53 PM

Really good Mark...you're a natural teacher...

We really appreciate the work you put into these.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:08 PM

Roger King:
On the video, I noticed an item in the file menu called "Study Documents"

Study Documents were beta tested in the last beta's of L3 but their introduction was held off. Bob said they would be brought back in L4. Since they were never an official part of L3, they won't be part of the 'missing feature' set. 

They are not in 4̣.1beta/RC.  I've seen only two people so far having this item in their documents menu.  The first one declined to answer when asked about it.  Maybe they are doing some private beta testing on this particular feature, which would preclude them from discussing it.  Of course the first person may have just missed the question.  So if Mark or the other select people that do have it don't respond, don't feel ignored. Of course if they can shed some light that would be great.

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:12 PM

Mark Barnes:
Lectionary support in Passage Guide

Thanks Mark, excellent video and memory jogger as I had overlooked adding this item to my custom passage guide.

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS