Have you noticed ... The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology 2nd Ed is now a stand alone e-book

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:05 PM

I suspect many of you might be like me, and have been waiting for this resource to be broken out of the big collection it was a part of.

Anyway .... thanks Logos.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:08 PM

Link: Evangelical Dictionary of Theology, 2nd ed.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2855
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:10 PM

Is there a link to look this up? Thanks for the lead.

Ted

Edit: I can see Thomas has responded to my request while I was posting.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:25 PM

Stephen Edward Paynter:
I suspect many of you might be like me, and have been waiting for this resource to be broken out of the big collection it was a part of.

I have been waiting, but not at that price, I'm afraid.

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:35 PM

Mark Barnes:

Stephen Edward Paynter:

I suspect a call to Logos Sales will be in my future.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:50 PM

Mark Barnes:

$37.99 at that jungle river store (hardback, of course).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3854
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:17 PM

Thomas Black:

How different is this than 1st ed.  I have the earlier book in LOGOS - is it even worth buying the 2nd edition.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:46 PM

Also, available as a stand alone e-book: New Testament Theology by Schreiner. I've been waiting for that one to break out of the Baker Theology Set.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 736
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 4:42 PM

Thomas Black:

What's the difference between this book and Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (Biographical Entries)?  Does the first subsume the second?

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 4:47 PM

JH:
Does the first subsume the second?

Exactly. The second is excerpts from the larger volume.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 100
Richard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 4:13 AM

agreed.  Even if I didn't already have the hardback, for $23 difference I would pass on Logos.  $60 for a $38 book would make me choke.

-- Richard

Logos 6 Mac (always the latest beta)

MacBook Air Mid 2011 (Lion)  |  1.8GHz Core i7  |  4GB RAM  |  256GB SSD
Samsung Galaxy S5

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 3:54 AM

Maybe these two books have been separated from their sets in preparation for Logos' 12 Days of Christmas. I noticed that the March Madness sale contained many single volumes from sets. I might be wrong, but I'd advise holding off for a few months before purchasing them just in case.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 2855
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 4:04 AM

This thread might throw some light on The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/2768/21003.aspx#21003 

AND http://community.logos.com/forums/p/15405/117564.aspx#117564

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:53 PM

Jonathan:

Also, available as a stand alone e-book: New Testament Theology by Schreiner. I've been waiting for that one to break out of the Baker Theology Set.

I went to check this out, and the sample pages are from an entirely different book!

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 3:22 PM

Pam Larson:

Jonathan:

I went to check this out, and the sample pages are from an entirely different book!

You're right! Fortunately, the book you receive when you order is the correct book.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 10:55 AM

Get Schreiner! Excellent book. I have both the hard and e-copy. Very good author/theolgian. You won't be disappointed.

mm.

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 3:27 PM

It is an excellent reference work, which I own in hardback. But at that price, I do not believe I'll every be getting it in my Logos library... it cost me $40 through CBD.

Can I exchange my hardback book for the Logos version? Big Smile

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS