Community Pricing Program

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 349
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 24 2010 10:59 AM

It seems nothing is happening in this program....there was a great blog on Barnes Notes which I want and there seems to be nothing moving....I have received some great buys and several in prepubs in the past.  I hope everyone is looking into this and submitting bids.....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 3800
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 11:12 AM

I have not utilized the CP program for as long as others have; but it seems to go through periods of very little activity and then periods when there is more attention given to them. My understanding is that Barnes is one of those that has been on the CP site for so long that its going to pre-pub is considered by some theologians to be a sign of the second comingSurprise

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 11:59 AM

Fred Chapman:
it seems to go through periods of very little activity and then periods when there is more attention given to them

It seems that the ebb and tide of community pricing tends to correlate with the amount of PrePubs that are currently shipping.

I'm guessing that the recent flood of PrePubs may be the very reason that CP has waned.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:11 PM

Paul Golder:
I'm guessing that the recent flood of PrePubs may be the very reason that CP has waned.

One thing I continue to notice is that there haven't been any recent additions to the Community Pricing offerings.  This tends to deter people from returning to the page since there is nothing new.  I'm sure some people could say that new offerings won't become available until the old offerings are brought to publication.  However, I think that interest and activity for all the titles increases as people have reason to view the page.

Is the Community Pricing model being abandoned by Logos?  I hope not.  Is there anyone within the Logos management that is continuing to champion the Community Pricing page and model?  I sincerely hope so.

Posts 3800
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:46 PM

Scot Jefferies:
Is the Community Pricing model being abandoned by Logos?  I hope not.  Is there anyone within the Logos management that is continuing to champion the Community Pricing page and model?  I sincerely hope so.

There have been numerous discussions on this topic and there is a suggestion on uservoice http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4  to expand and improve community pricing. I would suggest that if you have votes, to use them on those suggestions believe should be a priority.

I do not speak for Logos, but I have not seen any comments that would lead me to believe the CP program has been abandoned. Part of the issue may be that Logos is placing a priority on getting the Mac gold release out; releasing the gold version or 4.1 and clearing the decks of some of those pre-pubs that have been out there. All speculation on my part.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 10:53 AM

Fred Chapman:
I would suggest that if you have votes, to use them on those suggestions believe should be a priority.

I haven't used UserVoice until now.  Thanks for the suggestion.  There sure are a lot of suggestions out there.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS