Gospel Advocate Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 604
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 2 2009 7:13 PM

I would be interested in seeing if Logos could work out some kind of an agreement to obtain the Gospel Advocate Commentary Series. These are somewhat dated, but excellent commentaries.

Also, maybe work out a deal with College to see if you could utilize the "Restoration Reprint Library" titles.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 10:40 PM

Oh YES! Bill,

Asking for too much at one time might annoy he powers that be. Or it is more scriptural to say we have not because we ask not. If that's the case here is my request::

Hey Libronix powers that be, Pretty please, can we check into this?

The Restoration Reprint Library is also being put up on a website. I don't know how much of it has been done.  Then there is The Millennial Harbinger and The Christian Baptist and lots more "Works of" stuff that is in the public domain. And a it of it has been digitized.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 604
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2009 9:02 AM

Matthew,

I like the way you think. I can only imagine if "The Millennial Harbinger" or "The Christian Baptist" were converted to Logos. WOW!

Were is the website for the Restoration Reprint Library?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2009 3:53 PM

My kids have the laptop I have it bookmarked in but here is a link with BUNCHES of Restoration Movement stuff:

http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/subs/sites.html

It may be in the list. I could have mistaken The Restoration Herald website for The Restoration Reprint Library.  

Posts 604
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2009 12:48 PM

Matthew,

I appreciate the link. I'm pretty sure that I've been to this one. There is definitely some very fine information there. As to the Restoration Herald, I have all of them archived as well. Too much good stuff...

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2009 9:08 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

I would be interested in seeing if Logos could work out some kind of an agreement to obtain the Gospel Advocate Commentary Series. These are somewhat dated, but excellent commentaries.

Also, maybe work out a deal with College to see if you could utilize the "Restoration Reprint Library" titles.

Bill,

I am assuming you already knew about Gospel Advocate Commentaries on CD-Rom (not Logos format) but just in case others don't know here is a link:

http://stores.homestead.com/GospelAdvocateCompany/Detail.bok?no=34 

That way while you are waiting on Logos to publish it you can still be enjoying using it in a less-than-perfect format.

Posts 604
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2009 5:54 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Bill Shewmaker:

Bill,

I am assuming you already knew about Gospel Advocate Commentaries on CD-Rom (not Logos format) but just in case others don't know here is a link:

http://stores.homestead.com/GospelAdvocateCompany/Detail.bok?no=34 

That way while you are waiting on Logos to publish it you can still be enjoying using it in a less-than-perfect format.

Matthew,

I was aware that the Gospel Advocate commentaries were available in WORDsearch (and they are a possibility for me since I have that program also). These were some of my favorite commentaries while in undergrad school and have been some that I have used while in grad school and beyond. Thanks for the link.

Bill

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS