Where do I change my email address in the Logos 4 software?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 104
David Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:07 PM

I just changed my email address on the main Logos site and figured I should change the email address in the Logos 4 software to match.  Where do you do that?  They are now different.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:27 PM

Sorry, answered hurriedly on my way to afternoon Church.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 104
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:36 PM

Did you read my post?  I said I changed it on the main site but can't figure out a way to change it in the main Logos 4 software installed on my PC.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:37 PM

David R Miller:
figured I should change the email address in the Logos 4 software to match

Wiki page has steps for launching Logos 4 to sign in screen => http://wiki.logos.com/Layouts__#When_starting_Logos4_from_the_desktop

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:41 PM

There isn't a way to do this on your own that I know of. Logos 4 may 'catch up' with your new account settings, I simply don't know. Logos uses an email address as your account registration ID. Your licenses are under that 'name'. It isn't required that you maintain that address, it is just what they have decided to use to identify you. I believe that your change of contact email hasn't changed that.

If Logos doesn't catch up, call Tech Support and ask if they can key a change on your Home Page, perhaps by changing the name under which they have licensed your resources.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 104
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:52 PM

EXCELLENT!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:59 PM

In My Account on Logos web site, clicked What's This by Libronix Customer ID:

Appears changing email address does not change Customer ID - so Logos 4 sign in does not need changing.

Wonder when Customer ID help will be updated for Logos 4 ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 89
Shawn Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 2:34 PM

In Windows, here's the instructions for changing your email address in your Logos 5 software.

• Change your email address under your account at logos.com
  • Close Logos Bible Software completely.
  • Hold down the CNTL key while opening Logos from the desktop.
  • A login screen will appear. Log in with the new email address and password.
  • Verify the new email address registration by clicking on the '?' icon in the top right and selecting "About Logos Bible Software." You should see your new email address listed.

On a MAC, here's the instructions for changing your email address in your Logos 5 software.

• Change your email address under your account at logos.com
  • Close Logos.
  • Click on Finder, then on the Applications folder.
  • Click ONCE on Logos 5 so it highlights.
  • Hold down the Command key, then press the letter ‘O’ key on the keyboard.  Keep holding down the Command key until a new sign-in window appears. Log in with the new email address and password.

I'm updating this post from several years ago because it was the first article listed when searching the online community for my problem. Hope others find it here as well.

Posts 89
Shawn Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 2:37 PM

Interestingly, changing my email address reset my post count under my avitar within this community. I'm a newbie ... again. Sad

If you're interested in resetting your post count, check out this article. (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/31989.aspx)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS