Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 8:10 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
The release notes from 4.1 beta 2 say: "New shortcut data is being synchronized, with older versions prevented from downloading the new shortcuts."

Strange. But I'm also using the Logos 4 Mac SR1 Beta so maybe that is set to work with the new 4.1 format.

Posts 8014
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:24 PM | Locked

Our DVD-ROMs are cross-platform, so the Windows team had to decide whether 4.0d or 4.1 was going to go on the DVD burnt for the Logos Mac 4.0 release. The pre-announced October 1st ship date for Mac meant there was a hard deadline for producing that master DVD-ROM (in order to have enough time to get the discs back from replication to start shipping on October 1); as the deadline approached, we decided that 4.1 was close enough to being finished (and a much better product than 4.0d) that it should go on the new DVD.

However, we hadn't tested it as long or as thoroughly as a normal RC build (due to schedule pressure at the end), so we decided to keep it on the beta channel for a few more days, rather than releasing it immediately to stable (as we do with a regular RC that "goes gold"). During that period we identified a few bugs that we decided would be worth fixing before releasing 4.1 to the stable channel. If we hadn't already burnt the DVD, we would have called this new release "RC 3". However, to avoid potential confusion from having two different builds identify themselves as simply "4.1" (RC releases don't have any other designation) in the About dialog, we called this bugfix release "SR-1". The next release (think of it as "RC 4") will be called "SR-2".

We anticipate pushing SR-2 to the stable channel in the near future, since it has fixed all the major issues that we discovered with RC 2. For DVD purchasers, SR-2 will be a 40MB download to get these latest fixes (and it may even be available on the web before the disc arrives in the mail). For existing 4.0d users, SR-2 will just be one download and upgrade (rather than three upgrade cycles for RC 2, then SR-1, then SR-2, if we had released each build as it was available).

We want to release 4.1 as soon as we can, so that we can start the 4.2 beta programme; we also want it to be a really stable release when it's automatically pushed out to thousands of existing customers. I agree that the nomenclature is unusual; it's an unfortunate artifact of how the timing of things worked out here for this release.

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:32 PM | Locked

Thanks for the explanation and clairfication Bradley.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:36 PM | Locked

There goes another conspiracy theory. Broken Heart

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:27 PM | Locked

Thomas Black:

There goes another conspiracy theory. Broken Heart

Thomas -

I think you got that wrong - it finally proves there was one.  And we were caught up in it. Big Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:36 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
The next release (think of it as "RC 4") will be called "SR-2"

Thank you for the explanation. It should prevent a major change to the Update Channel theory on the wiki!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 6:33 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
so that we can start the 4.2 beta programme

I'm satisfied with 4.1 as is. So you can go ahead and send me 4.2 Beta 1 to begin testing. Stick out tongue

Just trying to helpWink

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 6:41 PM | Locked

Fred Chapman:
I'm satisfied with 4.1 as is. So you can go ahead and send me 4.2 Beta 1 to begin testing. Stick out tongue

Me too. Bring it on!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 5:09 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

I just salivated involuntarily.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:37 AM | Locked

Robert Pavich:

Bradley Grainger:

I just salivated involuntarily.

Dr. Pavlov would be so proud.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:15 AM | Locked

It looks like this is a really good release, lots of bug fixes and improvements...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS