Slow Scrolling

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Dr. Shawn Geraty | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:20 PM

Hello,

I was having some trouble with Logos 4 Mac regarding scrolling.  There is a good bit of hesitation with only a couple resources open such as the ESV and the ESVSB.  When I run Bible Word Study Guide and open a couple lexicons and then a couple commentaries there is some significant hesitation when trying to scroll in a resource.  0045.Archive.zip

Is there any way to improve the speed and responsiveness to Logos 4 Mac?  

It has become difficult to get the program to respond smoothly and navigate resources...  I plan on going to Camp Logos in a couple weeks and was hoping there would be something I could do to improve the performance.

Could there be any residual effect from participating in the Beta updates during the last few months?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Running Logos 4 Mac 4.10.4.5314

MBP, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M - 256 MB (don't know if graphics capability of the MBP has anything to do with it). 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:53 PM

Scrolling issues have been improved over the last few betas. The latest release doesn't seem to have improved scrolling any, but I'm hoping this will receive more focus in the next few releases. To me it remains the biggest hindrance with the program.

Posts 1
Jonathan D. Saliba | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 10:52 PM

Scrolling on Logos 4 for mac is horrible.  I have the same problem on a different computer.  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 12:02 AM

Jonathan D. Saliba:

Scrolling on Logos 4 for mac is horrible.  I have the same problem on a different computer.  

Welcome Big Smile

Please describe slow scrolling - would like to replicate in Beta and Stable versions.  Screen capture could be helpful.

Current 4.2a Beta working on substantial feature parity with PC along with optimization, Wiki has Beta program information and risks => http://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_4_Beta_Program

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 7:18 AM

Jonathan D. Saliba:

As KS4J has said, knowing which part of the app you're referring to would be helpful. Is it scrolling in resource texts, or in the Explorer Panel, or search results, or some other panel?

A screencast could also be helpful for the developers.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 7
Brian Conyers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 7:26 AM

One simple thing that I have done to improve this...

Make sure that your passage guide, exegetical guide and all open resources are not in the same link set.

If you are just trying to read a commentary and you skip down to the next verse, then all of these resources begin to sync to your new location.

Depending on your computer's speed, this may take a while.

Disable the link on the resource that you are scrolling through  and it will improve your speed dramatically.

Hope this helps

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 6:02 PM

Tom Philpot:
knowing which part of the app you're referring to would be helpful

Well, I'm not Jonathan, but one thing that's extremely slow is Passage Lists. I just scrolled one with 72 passages, and it took 31 full movements of the wheel! With an inflamed finger that's kind of painful...

And that's when I do it fast. If I just try to slowly scroll down exactly one passage, that one passage alone takes 2-4 moves.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS