Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 94
Rob | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 10 2009 5:01 AM

Is there a quick way to post a screen shot to the forum?

I am doing a screen capture.

Editing with my photo editor

Saving as Jpg.

then attaching.

With being on a netbook, all of this can take quite a bit of time (especially opening the photo editor) and I want to make sure there isn't some quicker way I am missing to go directly to the forum.

Thank you,

Rob

www.3rdcultureliving.com - Simple Abundant Legacy

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2009 5:44 AM

Rob,

I use the freeware irfanview - picture editor - very fast to open - takes no memory.

I hit printscreen (which places screenshot into clipboard), I paste the image into irfanview (ctrl-v), I draw a box around what I want, I crop it (ctrl-y), I save it. Takes me no time at all - esp. if irfanview is open.

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2009 5:49 AM

I downloaded FoxArc Screen Capture.  It was free, it can select a region, and it lets me pick the format I want to save it in.  Plus it can use PrtScn and Alt-PrtScn to capture things like menus.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:43 PM

For anyone trying to figure this out, the "secret" is to click on the paper click icon, which represents "Insert Attachments/Media".  The paste icon will not work, (nor will the "paste from Word" icon work), but clicking on the paper clip icon will allow you to specify where the picture file is located for upload, and embed that image into the text your are composing for the Forum.  NOTE: clicking on the green-colored "Options" button (located between the "Compose" and "Preview" buttons), will not allow you to embed an image into the text that your are composing for your Forum entry..

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:55 PM

Rob:
Is there a quick way to post a screen shot to the forum?

Hi Rob,

If you're using Vista, it comes with a snipping tool that will enable you to select the part of the screen you then want it to copy either to clipboard or to jpg file that's already suitable for uploading. Here's a sample, taken while editing this post before I posted it.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS