GUI problem: Displaying black on some tabs

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:10 PM

Here is a screen shot to explain what is happening:

I am running version 2.1 SR-1 (4.10.4.5763).

Windows 7 x64, i5 750 @ 2.67GHz, 8GB, ATI Radeon HD 5770.

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:28 PM

I also have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 and have the same problem.  I have not done anything yet to address the issue, perhaps updating to the latest driver will help. 

Is there anyone else out on the Forum with this same graphics card who has seen this issue and found a resolution?

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 5:43 AM

Gentlemen,

I have an Radeon 4670 1GB laptop card.  I never had this issue until I began running dual monitors and then only on occasion after a few sleep/wake cycles.  I almost always find that rebooting the system and relieving some of the load "cures" it at least for a time.  

It also began appearing at the latest update to the drivers, which I did in conjunction to upgrading my monitors.  Interestingly enough I also am using a Displaylink USB to DVI connector, and it has only once experienced the issue.  

In each experience it has been (by me) linked to heavy usage coupled with repeated sleep/wake cycles.

Can you two confirm this pattern?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 5:47 AM

I neglected to add: 

This phenomena has only occurred on my external monitors, not on my laptop monitor.

Driver Packaging Version 8.692.1-100122a-094670C-Dell

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:52 PM

Thomas,

Thanks for the input. I am running dual monitors as well.   I'll investigate whether a reboot helps.  However, this still shouldn't be occurring, and a reboot is more than a little inconvenient at times.

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:54 AM

Steve Burrow:

Thomas,

Thanks for the input. I am running dual monitors as well.   I'll investigate whether a reboot helps.  However, this still shouldn't be occurring, and a reboot is more than a little inconvenient at times.

I agree, but I think it probably has more to do with video card buffering than Logos itself.  Though perhaps we could argue that a few occasional screen redraws built into the program (can you tell I'm not a programmer?) would fix that.

Check the Wiki

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:18 PM

Yes...screen redraws...certainly Wink

Not a programmer here, but hope they take your advice.Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS