A Question about the TJL 13

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 3 2010 1:21 AM

It is one of the best things about this time of the year ... another volume of the Theological Journal Library. I have ... of course ... rushed out to place my pre-pub order.

But then I got to wondering .... I see it is for "download" ... okay, that is good ... who wants a cd anyway? But then I remember the Ancient Christian Commentary sting, where I find after purchasing it that I don't get it in L3 format.

So, can we have some confirmation that the TJL 13 will be in L3 format as well as L4, or should I cancel my pre-pub, and get a cd from Galaxie when it is up on their site?

I can't risk not have my resources in L3 and well as L4 format.

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:33 AM

I don't see the download option. One page on the Logos web site says that it is a boxed product (as the previous versions have been). I suspect that's the case and if you pre-order through Logos you are getting the disc, so will have it in L3 format. A call to sales might sort this out.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 99
Greg B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:55 AM

Mark A. Smith:

I don't see the download option. One page on the Logos web site says that it is a boxed product (as the previous versions have been). I suspect that's the case and if you pre-order through Logos you are getting the disc, so will have it in L3 format. A call to sales might sort this out.

Interestingly, I went to the pre-pub page and clicked on the TJL13 and it no longer says Boxed and Download is the only option for purchase.

Greg

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 3 2010 5:07 AM

Gregory Bednarchik:
it no longer says Boxed and Download is the only option for purchase.

You are correct. There is a discrepancy with the pre-pub order page below:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 427
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:30 PM

You'll want to be careful in the future, as they are going to download very soon.

Wilson Hines

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:48 AM

And nobody has provided the link.....

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/8119

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 116
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:53 AM

I have both Version 3 and 4 on my computer. The last couple of orders that I received from Logos gave me the option to download for Version 3 and/or just open Version 4 and the books are automatically downloaded. Also, in the picture of the TLJ Ver 13 box if you look close you can see both icons for the two versions.

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:29 AM

I had hoped that somebody in the know at Logos would give an authorative announcement that these journals are not to be L4 only. I will give Logos another couple of days and then I'm cancelling this pre-pub, and will get it from Galaxie. Sorry, but is some kind of feedback too much to expect?

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:13 AM

How did I miss TJL 12?  There goes the budget again.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:19 AM

Gary Butner:

How did I miss TJL 12?  There goes the budget again.

I have no idea what you mean by budget.  I have decided to act like the federal government and just print money when I need it.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 427
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:27 AM

My wife recently asked me how I was going to pay for my acquisitions of the past week.  I told her "to hand me that stack of mail, there's bound to be another credit card in there somewhere." ROFLOL.

Oh and so goes the life of an academic student headed to Seminary!  I fully intend on making this 5 lb MacBook Pro weigh at least 12 lbs with the data weight.

Wilson Hines

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:34 AM

Thomas Black:

I have no idea what you mean by budget.  I have decided to act like the federal government and just print money when I need it.

I like that idea. Unfortunately my wife has other  plans.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS