Jehovah's Witnesses and Christadelphians

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 69 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:07 AM | Locked

Several Scriptures immediately come to mind that counters the last couple of posters, but that is contrary to forum rules isn't it?  Why isn't this thread dead instead of trying to get the last word in?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:13 AM | Locked

Jerry, I think if we just stay with the quotes from the relevant scholarly literature, we'll keep well within forum guidelines.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:24 AM | Locked

Jerry M:
Why isn't this thread dead instead of trying to get the last word in?

As I understand it, The Bible IS the "Last Word"

Jonathan Burke:

Jerry, I think if we just stay with the quotes from the relevant scholarly literature, we'll keep well within forum guidelines.

What can be more relevant and scholarly than the Word of God?

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:28 AM | Locked

Jerry M:

Several Scriptures immediately come to mind that counters the last couple of posters, but that is contrary to forum rules isn't it?  Why isn't this thread dead instead of trying to get the last word in?

it reveals how deeply we feel about certain subjects that we feel the need to keep posting.  But I would say this thread should be dead, and if people keep posting responses--have grace on them, but keep from responding yourself.  Eventually this will die, or at least it won't blossom into a full blown thread, and we will all voluntarily honor Logos' request (who maintain and underwrite this forum) to not pursue such debates.  The OP has enough of what he needs, according to him.

I am not against the passionate responses personally, but guideline wise they have overstepped the bounds. (or are getting really really close)

Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:30 AM | Locked

Jonathan Burke:
we'll keep well within forum guidelines.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:33 AM | Locked

Was that the last word?Stick out tongue

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:53 PM | Locked

Abi Gail:

No one is challenging the relevance of the Word of God, but we're trying to stay within the forum guidelines here.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 3:45 PM | Locked

Jonathan Burke:

Abi Gail:

No one is challenging the relevance of the Word of God, but we're trying to stay within the forum guidelines here.

OK...Fair Enough.

Just as long as you were not trying to get the last word in.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 4:48 PM | Locked

What?

Posts 33768
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:01 PM | Locked

Jonathan Burke:

No, it doesn't matter if we use our own words or quote other people's words. You still will will make people uncomfortable. How to USE Logos is not the equivalent of finding a Logos resource to state your theology for you.

What does it take to convince people that the forums should be a place where ANY Logos user can feel comfortable and know that if their beliefs are attacked, the pressure of the forum members will cut it off.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS