Logos 4 Bible search problem

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:03 PM

No results returned for Bible search using HCSB, NKJV, etc. If I search these same Bibles using Basic search I get results. Some Bibles (ESV, NASB95, NIV, etc) return results using Bible search.

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:15 PM

Roy Kosin:

No results returned for Bible search using HCSB, NKJV, etc. If I search these same Bibles using Basic search I get results. Some Bibles (ESV, NASB95, NIV, etc) return results using Bible search.

Welcome to the forums Roy. 

An initial thought is that you library may still be indexing.  If this is the case then search results will not reliable until that process completes.  If it is still indexing you will see the blue logos icon sitting in your system tray.

You can find some general information about the indexing process on the Logos Wiki

If indexing has completed and you are having this issue could you give an example of the search you are trying to do.

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:48 AM

Thanks for the response.

Indexing is complete.

Example search: Search (while typing) All Bible Text in All Passages in HCSB for bread

Bible Results 0 results (0.11 sec)

I get results for other translations for the same search.

I did think about the indexing. I have just installed. During installation/downloading there were some starts and stops so I was going to have it reindex but thought I would check here first to see if I was missing anything.

Thanks

Posts 21700
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:56 AM

Hi Roy

For that search I get 292 results as below:

So it does look like a resource or indexing issue - might be worth indexing and then if it still doesn't work, post a log for when you were trying to do the search.

For details of making a log, please see http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Hope this helps

Graham

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:00 PM

I did a reindex and the problem is still there. Won't Bible seach HCSB, NKJV but will on other translations. Will do a general seach on the HCSB or NKJV and bring the results back correctly. I am not sure what you are looking for in the log but here is it. I openned, seached, and closed and here is the log:

8737.Logos4.log

I am not sure if this is the way you post the log?

Thanks-*-Roy

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:11 PM

Roy, that is the way to attach the log file. Please check to see if you have  Logos4Indexer.log file and any files with 'crash' in them in your Logos Log Files folder.

If you did not have logging turned on when the indexer ran we will need you to rerun the Bible index to discover any issues. To turn logging on permanently see here:http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

To reindex your Bibles type Rebuild Bible Index in the Command Bar and his enter.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:20 AM

Reindex Bible using Rebuild Bible Index with logging on. Same searching problems. I have included all logs below.

Thanks-*-Roy

6012.Logos4Indexer.log

3463.Logos4.log

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:21 AM

Roy

Please confirm how you are searching - does the diagram provided by Graham (above) match your setup?

Please give results on bibles that you think are working eg. 34 results in 21 verses searching for bread in ESV.

Give details of the searches in your log that are not working.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:46 AM

Dave Hooton - I am searching using the same setup as above (Graham). For ESV NT bread returned 80 results in 74 verses. Used the same setup and just switched to HCSB and returned o results. Switched to Basic search and in All Text in HCSB for bread returned 324 results in 158 articles.

I have included the log for doing these below.

27083.Logos4.log

7167.Logos4Indexer.log

Also I noticed, since I am somewhere with internet that it wants to down load another 3G after doing the 3+G a few days ago. So I guess I need to go (can't do it here) do that and then reindex, etc.

Thanks for staying with me on this. I feel like it will be something simple but I can't get it.

Thanks-*-Roy

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:16 PM

When I connected to the internet again there was no downloads listed. It did some more indexing. The problem is still there so I am back to square one with no more ideas to try.

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:33 PM

Roy, it is puzzling.

How about trying to force L4 to re-download your HCSB? You can do this by hiding it. (In Tools>Program Settings at the bottom of that pane. Click on the words 'Hidden Resources' to open the list. Drag the HCSB from your Library and drop it there.) Then close Logos and reopen it. The HCSB should not be found in your library at this point. Then go to the hidden file list and remove the HSCB from it (click on the 'X' that appears as you hover over the name). Close and reopen L4. This should trigger a re-download of the resource. Once downloaded you'll be notified of updates ready to install. Click on the notice. This will reinstall the HCSB. If you do not see a notice that indexing has started, do the Rebuild Bible Index again.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:11 PM

In your log the key entry is:-

UpdateManager    Assembly version has changed from '4.0.3.3272' to '4.4.4.3415'; will download all files from server.

So it looks like you installed 4.0 SR-7 from DVD and has been updated to the current 4.0d SR-2. Because ALL resources since 4.0 have been updated it is trying to get the new versions. Your updates/indexing have been patchy so it is not surprising some searches are not working! Can you confirm this?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:26 PM

Roy,

Your latest indexer file shows that you had a large download (3.01 GB) going on when the log ended. Has that completed? Can you download the indexer file as of the current time?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:44 PM

I will try and restart the download. Sorry, I still am in the dark ages and have to find places to download the stuff. I had to stop it and when I connected where I could download it did not seem to recognize the need to download.

What is installed is: 4.0d SR-2 (4.04.4.3415) so I think that is the latest.

I will try and do the forced download of HCSB or see if it recognizes the need to download the entire 3+gig tommorow when I get somewhere to download.

Thanks for all your (y'alls...down here) help and I will let you know the results. What you are saying makes sense it is just getting it to work.

Thanks-*-Roy

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:48 PM

Roy Kosin:
I will try and do the forced download of HCSB or see if it recognizes the need to download the entire 3+gig tommorow when I get somewhere to download.

First see if there is more download to finish. Unless you have a very fast connection you will need quite a long time to download the rest of the 3 GB that had not downloaded.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:48 AM

Progress! I followed the hide, etc method to re-download HCSB. After the new index was completed the HCSB bible search worked as expected. Now the only issue is getting everything to download again to make sure everything is correct. I try Update Now or Update Resources and it says no updates available. Any quick suggestions or this a different problem I need to go seaching for a solution?

Thanks-*-Roy

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:56 AM

Roy Kosin:

Progress! I followed the hide, etc method to re-download HCSB. After the new index was completed the HCSB bible search worked as expected. Now the only issue is getting everything to download again to make sure everything is correct. I try Update Now or Update Resources and it says no updates available. Any quick suggestions or this a different problem I need to go seaching for a solution?

Thanks-*-Roy

How do you know there are still downloads to get?  It's possible (or even probable) that you got everything else at the same time you got your HCSB back.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 26
Roy Kosin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:57 PM

I still have some other Bibles that are not giving me results: TNIV, ASV, NET. The HCSB, NKJV, and most others are. And how do I know if there are other resources acting like this. I can't see doing what I did with the HCSB for all the others. So I thought there would be a way to force a fresh resouce download.

Thanks-*-Roy (there seems to be so many people interested in me)

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:15 PM

Roy Kosin:
So I thought there would be a way to force a fresh resouce download.

You can hide and unhide all the ones you're having issues with.  Or, to force all the resources to re-download, your best bet would be a complete uninstall and reinstall of Logos.

I think a call to technical support would be your best move.  They can remote control your computer to diagnose issues.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS