L3 nostalgia

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:02 AM

I realise this is the L4 forum, but I thought it might be fun to reminisce. I just found a post I wrote on another forum back in February 2007.

I'm still struggling to get to grips with all the options in Libronix 3. It's amazing. I'm still tinkering with my resource management and search options. I haven't even started building proper keylinks yet.

It looks quite quaint now. Does anyone else have any fond memories of L3? I remember being dazzled by all the options.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:40 AM

I remember spending LOTS of time getting things "straight and ready to go" after a fresh install of L3 or even when it forgot (on it's own) what my settings were!

I don't miss it... :)

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:43 AM

There were things I liked about L3, but now that I am fairly familiar with L4, I've not looked backwards. Indeed, I deleted L3 from my lap-top, but am keeping it on my desk-top (just in case).

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:24 PM

Robert Pavich:
I remember spending LOTS of time getting things "straight and ready to go" after a fresh install of L3 or even when it forgot (on it's own) what my settings

Oh yes, I agree with you there. Then I figured out how to backup my settings, and life improved a lot.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:42 PM

I have a number of fond memories of 3 - diagraming, better and faster notes function that could actually keep up with typing, customization.

What I miss the most is the ability to modify what shows up in the mousover popup window!!!!! The info pane helps, but it is so much slower that the popup which i never look at as it is rarely of any use.

sigh.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:50 PM

frederick harrell:

I have a number of fond memories of 3 - diagraming

Diagramming is almost here, from  having beta tested diagramming in 4.1,  it is an improvement on  L3 in terms of the overall user experience.

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:53 PM

I still have it, for installing Libronix products and helping out users who have questions about it when I've forgotten how things worked.

The only thing I miss about it that isn't in L4 yet (and I still hope they'll put it in -- I think they must have overlooked my request or put it way down in the priority list) is the ability to select and copy text from anywhere in the About Resource screen (the Info panel in L4). In L4, the only text that's selectable are the tags, the Support Info, and (in the Library info panel only) the title and short title.

I also miss the speed of the UI (everything but search, that is; I'm much happier with the speed of search in L4), though even it wasn't as fast as I'd like. I want blazingly fast speed all the way around. I am such a quick thinker and power user of all my software that slow UIs get in my way and drag me down.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:00 PM

Rosie Perera:
The only thing I miss about it that isn't in L4 yet (and I still hope they'll put it in -- I think they must have overlooked my request or put it way down in the priority list) is the ability to select and copy text from anywhere in the About Resource screen (the Info panel in L4). In L4, the only text that's selectable are the tags, the Support Info, and (in the Library info panel only) the title and short title.

I also miss that too.  It drives me crazy that I can't copy that info.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:11 PM

Topic browser.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:18 PM

Jonathan Burke:

Topic browser.

We've been promised this is going to get better but this is a great reason for keeping L3 installed for now.

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:27 PM

PBB.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:35 PM

Jonathan Burke:

PBB.

Account Summary Report....

Local License File Backup and Restore...

More detailed information on "About this Resource" than Logos 4 offers on the info pane

Keylinking

Ability to adjust speed in Greek Audio Bible

Posts 29378
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:00 PM

User created resources - timelines, lectionaries, sermons, PBB's ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25825
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:06 PM

Nostalgia? OK, I'm a power user:-

• Graphical Query (missed)
  • Morphological Search (the method)
  • Topic Search  (the method, not the results!)
  • Regular Expressions (missed)

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 605
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:11 PM

I love what 4 is enabling me to do.  However, I do miss the ability to install without the need of the Internet.  I want to be able to backup my notes, books, highlights, etc myself along with my license file and then reinstall it if I was in a position where I had no Internet.  I don't like having to rely on the Internet to reinstall.  If the system breaks, then I can't reinstall.  Just me.

John

Posts 1390
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:32 PM

Fuzzy search.

Knowing what's being downloaded.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:03 PM

John Fugh, Jr.:

I love what 4 is enabling me to do.  However, I do miss the ability to install without the need of the Internet.  I want to be able to backup my notes, books, highlights, etc myself along with my license file and then reinstall it if I was in a position where I had no Internet.  I don't like having to rely on the Internet to reinstall.  If the system breaks, then I can't reinstall.  Just me.

John

Yes

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 11:14 PM

Wow, this is a great thread. We should direct Logos to it and ask them to update their "Missing Features" page. It might take us all the way to the end of 2012 to get all of this (or whatever of it Logos is willing to implement) in L4... Sad  But it's nice to have it all listed in one place (up until now it was only scattered around a dozen or more Suggestions threads).

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:46 AM

John Fugh, Jr.:
However, I do miss the ability to install without the need of the Internet.  I want to be able to backup my notes, books, highlights, etc myself along with my license file and then reinstall it if I was in a position where I had no Internet.

You can do that with Logos 4. I've done it.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:59 AM

Dave Hooton:

• Graphical Query (missed)
  • Topic Search  (the method, not the results!)
  • Yes...I second this list...although i THINK that the GQ search is coming back right?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS