quickly close down an opened window

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:18 AM

Hi friends,

For time saving I just want to share a tip to easily close down an opened window. many of us know this thing. I am writing this for the people who doesn't know this

If you have a scroll mouse, you just move the curser over the tab that you want to close down, now you just press the scroll button, suddenly the window will be closing down. no need to press the right button and go to the pop up.

best wishes

Jain Thomas

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:28 AM

Great tip Jain!

Also note that the X to close the window is in the far right of the panel.

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:56 AM

Hi Black

I mean if you are working on the multiple window, it is very easy. if you use that X, the whole group will be closing down

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:11 AM

JAIN THOMAS:

Hi Black

I mean if you are working on the multiple window, it is very easy. if you use that X, the whole group will be closing down

Actually (looking at the below illustration: clicking on 1 will close the program, but clicking on 2 will only close the active book in this case: "Beginning Biblical Hebrew".

IMHO it is a design flaw that the x is not on the active tab, but alas that was the route the programmers followed.  Much to my frustration.

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:35 PM

If I need to close an inactive tab. as you said I need to activate it first, then go to the X. Altogether 2 clicks. I am talking about only one click with the scroll button. It will go off immediately

Posts 1677
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:46 PM

Nice tip!  

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:05 PM

Even better Jain, I understand your point.  Yes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS