todays download

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:07 AM

Can anyone tell me what is the download today for L4?  There were two batches one rather big and another one of just over 5mb. I looked at the forum but there was no news about this download.

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:12 AM

One was 4.1 SR-3, a bugfix release (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/24055.aspx).

And there have been several pre-pubs that have shipped in the past 24 hours, so perhaps you received some of these if you'd ordered them. But you should have gotten an email notification for each if that was the case. These are the ones that downloaded for me since yesterday:

• The Atonement: In Its Relations to the Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord
  • The Commentary of Zacharias Ursinus on the Heidelberg Catechism
  • The Beloved Disciple: Following John to the Heart of Jesus
  • History of Israel Collection (19 Vols.)
  • St. Paul and the Roman Law, and Other Studies on the Origin of the Form of Doctrine
Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:22 AM

the bugfix was the big one, the prepub I am awaiting and was notified about is still a few days in coming and none other was on the way, so I'm still wondering what the second download was all about.

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:25 AM

Geertruida Selter:

the bugfix was the big one, the prepub I am awaiting and was notified about is still a few days in coming and none other was on the way, so I'm still wondering what the second download was all about.

There was also an announcement about a revamping of the metadata: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/24033.aspx

See also http://wiki.logos.com/An_update_is_downloading,_what_is_it

Posts 76
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:50 AM

Did everybody jump to 4.1 SR3?

I went from 4.04.4.3415 to 4.10.4.5986

I don't think I'm on the beta channel.

Posts 73
Matthew Godwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:12 PM

Just seen the same - and a new button which says Print/Export.... Wow!

Posts 5858
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:15 PM

If I had a dollar for every time this gets asked on the forums, I'd be able to pay for all the pre-pubs currently being released plus the EEC, and have some change left over.  Logos when are you going to address this issue.  There must be some sort of manifest list somewhere that could be used to display a simple list of what is about to be downloaded.   L3 could handle telling us before entered into a download what was in it.  Surely L4 can handle this simple task also.  It really is a basic courtesy item to inform the user what changes you are about to make to their system before you do it.  This has to be the 'FAQ' and yet no response from Logos on addressing something that is clearly important to users.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:48 PM

And print highlights works great!

Posts 93
Brent Gay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:53 PM

No doubt, the printing feature is great! Well done, Logos! I would love to see the ability in L4 to print vocab cards like we could in 3. That is the only reason I still have 3 installed.

Thanks again!

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:16 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
Logos when are you going to address this issue.  There must be some sort of manifest list somewhere that could be used to display a simple list of what is about to be downloaded.  

A suggestion to Logos might be to start another forum topic called "downloads".  The topic would not allow anyone to respond, just announcement from Logos on what updates are happening, what is being downloaded (or possible being downloaded).

What I find annoying is getting a download one day and a reindexing...and then the next day or two days later, getting another download and reindexing.  I wish that could be avoided by knowing what is coming at the beginning of the week

Posts 5858
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:29 PM

Mark Swaim:

Andrew McKenzie:
Logos when are you going to address this issue.  There must be some sort of manifest list somewhere that could be used to display a simple list of what is about to be downloaded.  

A suggestion to Logos might be to start another forum topic called "downloads".  The topic would not allow anyone to respond, just announcement from Logos on what updates are happening, what is being downloaded (or possible being downloaded).

What I find annoying is getting a download one day and a reindexing...and then the next day or two days later, getting another download and reindexing.  I wish that could be avoided by knowing what is coming at the beginning of the week

They started doing this once but fell off the wagon so to speak.  I really want to know the information at the point of download, and the size of the download (this is vital to those living under download limits) so you can determine if it is appropriate for you as the user to proceed with the download at that point or delay it to a later time.

Posts 5858
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:30 PM

Mark Swaim:

Andrew McKenzie:

They started doing this once but fell off the wagon so to speak.  I really want to know the information at the point of download, and the size of the download (this is vital to those living under download limits) so you can determine if it is appropriate for you as the user to proceed with the download at that point or delay it to a later time.

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:27 PM

James Ogle:

I went from 4.04.4.3415 to 4.10.4.5986

I don't think I'm on the beta channel.

4.04.4.3415 was 4.0d, which was the last release. So yes, if you hadn't updated to 4.1 SR1 or SR2 in the past few days and just updated today, you would go directly to SR3. The service releases (SR1-3) are not beta releases. They are bugfix releases.

Posts 1
Michael Rosenzweig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 3:23 PM

I couldn't agree more.

"I really want to know the information at the point of download, and the size of the download (this is vital to those living under download limits) so you can determine if it is appropriate for you as the user to proceed with the download at that point or delay it to a later time."

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 9:59 PM

James Ogle:

4.1 SR-3 is the public release so everybody on 4.0d will get this update in the normal way. Versions 4.1 SR-1 and SR-2 were held back (treated as betas) until a few issues were sorted.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 109
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 7:17 AM

I just used the new print/export feature to study a passage with our elders last night. It was great!

Posts 655
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 1:47 PM

Jarred Edgecombe:

I just used the new print/export feature to study a passage with our elders last night. It was great!

Ok, I must be blind or something. I am running the current release 4.1 SR3, but I don't see a Print option. Where is it located? I could say that I've looked everywhere, but then someone will "show" me where it's located (and I've probably already looked there).

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 1:56 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
Ok, I must be blind or something. I am running the current release 4.1 SR3, but I don't see a Print option. Where is it located? I could say that I've looked everywhere, but then someone will "show" me where it's located (and I've probably already looked there).

It's on the panel menu of each resource, search results, guides, and some other tools.

See Mark Barnes' "Introducing Logos 4.1" video for info on this and all the other new features in 4.1

Posts 655
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 2:13 PM

Rosie Perera:

Bill Shewmaker:

It's on the panel menu of each resource, search results, guides, and some other tools.

See Mark Barnes' "Introducing Logos 4.1" video for info on this and all the other new features in 4.1

Thank you Rosie, I had "looked" there, but didn't "see" it...now I do. It's like one of my favorite pasttimes, working on puzzles that have hidden objects in them. You see them until you need to find them and then they aren't there...Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS