WHY are you doing this to us????

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 650
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:54 PM

I'm writing this from the perspective of one who has one of the larger Logos libraries, 5813 resources in L4 and 8960 in L3.  In an attempt to build a comprehensive reference library I have spent over $20,000 over the past 10 or so years, none of which I regret.  However, no one in their right mind can surely think that anyone can continue to buy resources at the current rate.  Currently there is more than $2800 worth of material too be released over the next 4 weeks.  

Do you really think this is in keeping with the best interests of your loyal customers?  

Obviously you think this is good for your business, but I think not.  I don't think I am the only one who is in the process of slashing hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of resources that I would have been happy to have over time.  Most I will not be purchasing at higher prices.

Perhaps the massive increase in your customer base (over 33,000 on the forums alone) is making you care a lot less about your individual customers???

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 3:10 PM

Alex, Dan Pritchett has suggested an extremely generous solution in this thread.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 4:40 PM

I surely don't think the answer is not to publish resources!  That is the only reason I use Logos.  If someone chooses not to purchase, so be it. To ask Logos not to publish resources until it is perceived to be affordable by some/many makes no sense to me. Other publishers have stuff I wish Logos had, I am very happy Logos is getting so aggressive in getting resources published. I won't be able to afford all that I like, but it's sure nice having the choice.  If Logos followed this advice, I would say with confidence the inmates are now running the asylum Confused

I vote publish as many as they can afford to, and let its customer base make good buying decisions. Why would we want anything else?

Posts 69
Romulo de Amorim Correa | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:54 PM

Alex Scott:

I'm writing this from the perspective of one who has one of the larger Logos libraries, 5813 resources in L4 and 8960 in L3.  In an attempt to build a comprehensive reference library I have spent over $20,000 over the past 10 or so years, none of which I regret.  However, no one in their right mind can surely think that anyone can continue to buy resources at the current rate.  Currently there is more than $2800 worth of material too be released over the next 4 weeks.  

Do you really think this is in keeping with the best interests of your loyal customers?  

Hi Alex, 

I didn't get it. What logos is supposed to do? 

I don't want to hurt you Brother, but why you don't you just stop buying? You have the power to do that, don't you? You already have so many resources. I have 1.362 and I am wondering the best way to use what I already have. 

Forgive me If I am getting you wrong. If I am not understanding what you are really trying to say here. 

Romulo Corrêa

Brasília - Brazil

Posts 8
Brad Bryant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:06 PM

I agree with Alex.  For those on a tight budget, it can become frustrating to have to cancel pre-pubs when so many are released together.  A possible solution is to allow additional time for those who have placed the order to make the actual purchase at the pre-pub price rather than requiring the immediate purchase on the release date.  That would allow a bit of flexibility to re-work a budget if we are able to put off a purchase for, say, 1-3 months.

Brad Bryant

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:19 PM

Brad Bryant:
A possible solution is to allow additional time

Brad, Alex & Everybody else:

Dan Pritchett has already taken action on solving this problem. As Jonathan Burke said above, it is a very generous plan that meets just about every eventuality you can imagine. Here is the actual post:   http://community.logos.com/forums/p/24112/179721.aspx#179721

And for tose who won't click on it:

Dan Pritchett:

Right now, what I am going to do for everyone reading this, is to make a one time exception to the rules.

I will instruct the sales team to take a snapshot of all Pre-Pub orders for any customer that requests it between now and the end of October 2010. Fill up your Pre-Pub cart with as many titles as you want. "All of them" if you want...  Then, contact one of our sales representatives at 800-875-6467 and ask them to make a note on your account and take a screen shot/print out of your Pre-Pub cart on our internal systems. You should also probably take a screen shot and a print out of your Pre-Pub orders page: https://www.logos.com/user/MyPrepubs

Once you have all the Pre-Pubs you want in your cart and you have taken a screen capture and printed it out, call your sales rep and make sure they take a screen capture and make a print-out here too. Then they will place a note on your record and file your details.

Once they assure you that they have a full record of your entire cart, locked in at the best price you were able to grab, and that they have made notes on your account, you should begin deleting all the orders that you can't afford at this time.

Any time after the Pre-Pubs that you originally ordered shipped, you may call your sales rep. and ask them to place your order. You may even combine products onto orders and even use the payment plan.

All orders must be placed before the end of June 2011. You may hold off all ordering until the very last day and then add them all up onto one big payment plan for 12 months if you like, but starting July, we will wipe out all records and holds for this program, and it will expire.

So pray about it, talk with your wife, run the numbers, and get busy ! This is a ONE TIME limited opportunity.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 924
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 6:24 AM

That is a generous offer. Thanks, Matthew, for posting that, and thanks, Dan, for offering it!

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 7:17 AM

Many thanks!Cake

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 7:27 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Brad Bryant:
A possible solution is to allow additional time

Brad, Alex & Everybody else:

Dan Pritchett has already taken action on solving this problem. As Jonathan Burke said above, it is a very generous plan that meets just about every eventuality you can imagine. Here is the actual post:   http://community.logos.com/forums/p/24112/179721.aspx#179721

And for tose who won't click on it:

Dan Pritchett:

Right now, what I am going to do for everyone reading this, is to make a one time exception to the rules.

I will instruct the sales team to take a snapshot of all Pre-Pub orders for any customer that requests it between now and the end of October 2010. Fill up your Pre-Pub cart with as many titles as you want. "All of them" if you want...  Then, contact one of our sales representatives at 800-875-6467 and ask them to make a note on your account and take a screen shot/print out of your Pre-Pub cart on our internal systems. You should also probably take a screen shot and a print out of your Pre-Pub orders page: https://www.logos.com/user/MyPrepubs

Once you have all the Pre-Pubs you want in your cart and you have taken a screen capture and printed it out, call your sales rep and make sure they take a screen capture and make a print-out here too. Then they will place a note on your record and file your details.

Once they assure you that they have a full record of your entire cart, locked in at the best price you were able to grab, and that they have made notes on your account, you should begin deleting all the orders that you can't afford at this time.

Any time after the Pre-Pubs that you originally ordered shipped, you may call your sales rep. and ask them to place your order. You may even combine products onto orders and even use the payment plan.

All orders must be placed before the end of June 2011. You may hold off all ordering until the very last day and then add them all up onto one big payment plan for 12 months if you like, but starting July, we will wipe out all records and holds for this program, and it will expire.

So pray about it, talk with your wife, run the numbers, and get busy ! This is a ONE TIME limited opportunity.

Thank you, Matthew, for sharing Dan's post!  Peace to you!  And Joy!  *smile*

Thank you, Dan!  Thank you, Logos.

Right now all I can say is what St. Chrysostom is quoted as saying as he was leaving this world to be with the Lord who was always with him ....    

!

Δόξα τῳ̂ θεῳ̂ πάντων ἕνεκεν

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 10:24 PM

How do I take advantage of Mr. Dan's offer if I didn't know about it until now.  I cannot take a snapshot of the book of acts and philippians PNTC.  Should I just call sales and tell them so they can give me the prepub price now that I have the money?

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 10:27 PM

I'd hate to say this Alex, but I agree with Romulo.  You need to stop buying.  The number of your resources is huge! Logos is a great tool and the resources are wonderful, but when you become a logosholic then I don't think is healthy for you and your budget.  Anyway, my two cents.  I buy and spend only what  I can, but would not go beyond that or else it will cause me a lot of troubles.

Posts 604
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 10:29 PM

Giovanni Baggio:
How do I take advantage of Mr. Dan's offer if I didn't know about it until now.  I cannot take a snapshot of the book of acts and philippians PNTC.  Should I just call sales and tell them so they can give me the prepub price now that I have the money?

There was a time that I deleted a prepub by accident and didn't realize it.  When I called customer support, they were able to verify that I had had the prepub ordered and they set it right.  I recommend that you call customer support Monday and they will be able to do the same for you.

John

Posts 1641
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 4:37 AM

Giovanni Baggio:
 I cannot take a snapshot of the book of acts and philippians PNTC.

In Windows 7 I really like the snipping tool. There is a wiki page that shows how to take a screen shot with other systems as well. For instructions on how to use the snipping tool and other ways to get a screenshot see the wiki at: http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 5:36 AM

“WHY are you doing this to us????”

“Do you really think this is in keeping with the best interests of your loyal customers?”

Question: What have we been asking for a long time?

We have been asking ‘why does it take so long to release?’

Now they release and we are still are not happy!

Thank you Mr. Dan Pritchett for a work a round.

May it become a way of life and not a onetime deal.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 7:05 AM

Giovanni Baggio:

Giovani,

Dan's Pre-Pub Plan has limitations, it only applies to Pre-Pubs. Once an item has shipped, like both Pillar New Testament Commentaries you mention, they are no longer Pre-Pubs and cannot be listed where the snapshot takes place. I have discovered by experience you can get a better deal calling a Logos Sales Rep than the Logos Sales price listed for current titles. Especially for something that has just shipped. So you will pay a slighlty higher price but not the full blown jump to catalog pricing. Logos are "people oriented" people. Give Sales a call.

Giovanni Baggio:
I'd hate to say this Alex, but I agree with Romulo.  You need to stop buying.  The number of your resources is huge! Logos is a great tool and the resources are wonderful, but when you become a logosholic then I don't think is healthy for you and your budget.

Once upon a time I had cable tv. I spent between $60 and $120 per month for the "quality content." My pastor suggested everytime we see one of the Ten Commandments broken in our entertainment, we turn off the show we were watching. We ended up not just canceling cable service but removing "free" tv from our home too. That freed up $120 a month and many hours in the day. $1440 will buy a lot of good Logos material that you can use for years to come. And nobody can argue extra Bible study is as detrimental as the filth Hollywood likes to dump in our living rooms.

I will probably always be obsessed with something. It just seems better it be Bible study than golf, spectator sports, cars, music, dining out, what-have-you. In the end you are right. It still needs to be controlled.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 136
James Macleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 12:44 PM

Alex Scott:

Obviously you think this is good for your business, but I think not.  I don't think I am the only one who is in the process of slashing hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of resources that I would have been happy to have over time.  Most I will not be purchasing at higher prices.

Perhaps the massive increase in your customer base (over 33,000 on the forums alone) is making you care a lot less about your individual customers???

Maybe I'm missing the point, but it seems crazy to complain that Logos is working hard to publish more and more resources for us. Depending on what field of study you are in, you will require different resources. I say “bring it on”! I love the choices that Logos gives me. That’s why I use Logos and have switched from the “other” bible software. That being said, I decide carefully how I spend my hard earned money. I want to buy resources that I will use. I don't want to be harsh, but you seem to have a little bit of an entitlement mentality and a compulsive buying problem. Also, Logos isn't responsible for how you spend your money.

THANK YOU LOGOS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS