Bible Word Study

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 8 2010 9:36 AM

Still haven't heard anything or status on this issue:

How can we add more searches to Bible Word Study. Example add the Encyclopedia to the Search.

Example:

First one is Logos 1.2.2 Mac Bible Word Study (key links) it has the Encyclopedia

Look at the Key links in Libronix 1.2.2 ....... It shows in the Key Links Encyclopedia

Logos 4 Mac and Also in L4 Win doesn't have it .

MacBook Pro 15" Retina 1TB Flash 2.8 Quad i7 16 GB Ram OSX 10.13.4

iMac 27"3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 - 32 GB Ram 10.13.4

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 1:42 PM

The definition section is intended to only show results for resources that define the word: Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations doesn't do that.

We're working on better ways to return the kind of results you're looking for.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 8:46 AM

What I am trying to say is the Key Links in 1.2.2 has more than Logos 4 Mac/Win. I am talking about Beside the Definition to Success in L4 Mac/Win. Key Links has more finds than L4 Mac/Win. L4 Mac does not come up with as much > look beside the Def in L4 has a few Key things.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:20 AM

David Manning:
What I am trying to say is the Key Links in 1.2.2 has more than Logos 4 Mac/Win.

Workaround Idea create collection with Key Link resources then use Logos 4 basic search to find Key Links (in personalized resource list).

Observation: fully expanding Logos 1.2.2 KeyLinks for success has 20 resources - took longer to populate than Logos 4 Basic Searches.

David Manning:
L4 Mac does not come up with as much > look beside the Def in L4 has a few Key things.

Basic Search quickly finds success in many more library resources (including handout contents sync'd from Logos 4 PC - not displayable on Mac):

Basic Search includes Topic section - did not have anything for success, so searched for love.  Likewise learned searching collection worthwhile - quickly found more illustrations.

Note: screen shot from 27" iMac - annotated with arrow to show cursor location for Bible Word Study pop-up.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 12:26 PM

In 1.2.2 you did not have to click in 5 places. It gave it to you in one KEY Link.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 1:54 PM

In Logos 1.2.2, typed in success for Study Word, clicked Go, waited for 5 KeyLinks to appear, clicked More >> waited some for 15 more KeyLinks to appear.

David Manning:

In 1.2.2 you did not have to click in 5 places. It gave it to you in one KEY Link.

Able to replicate 5 clicks in Logos 4: from home page, typed success, clicked "search for success", search opened in a tab, clicked a resource to expand, click success, right click for pop-up, clicked Bible Word Study.

Concur workaround of Bible Word Study and Basic Search in two panels does take more mouse clicks - for initial workaround idea, typed success in couple places (few more keystrokes and clicks).

Dreaming of optional Basic Search section for Guide Template:

A Basic Search collection would allow personalized KeyLink resources.  As a template option, section could be used in variety of Guides (possibly a different collection in each Guide - conceptually similar to Definition section, but without Headwords restriction).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:52 AM

David Manning:

As I said,

David Mitchell:
We're working on better ways to return the kind of results you're looking for.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS