Topic Search and Heading Text

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 8 2010 3:22 PM

I know we have discussed this in the past, but now that L4 has shipped I wanted to ask it again. Will Logos implement anything like the Topic Search that L3 had? This was the search type I performed the most and it is missing in L4. I thought Heading Text search in L4 would be similar, but it seems to only work on journals. Heading Text searching would seem to take the place of the L3 search I mentioned above if by heading text Logos means any break in the text that a phrase usually makes that sets one section in a chapter apart from another.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:51 PM

Again, can anyone from Logos or anyone else for that matter please tell me what counts as a heading text when I do heading text searches?

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 10:50 AM

The amount of heading text that is separately marked up is still limited (though there are more than just journals): probably a couple of dozen resources have this today. But we're going back through older resources to add this markup, and it's a standard part of our process now for new books. So you'll see more and more get released, and our ultimate goal is that every resource has headings distinguished (but with 12,000 books it will take a while to get there). 

The exact rules for what counts as a heading vary from resource to resource, but in general I'd hope they would match most people's expectations: a phrase that stands apart from other prose and functions as a label for a block of text. 

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 5:13 PM

Thanks!

Posts 2
Ben Lavicka | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2011 9:36 AM

Sean is there a way to let users know when Title searches will be available?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS