BUG: Custom Highlights are not working properly since the last upgrade that came out on 10/7/10

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 9 2010 1:20 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

My custom highlights are not looking too good since I downloaded the latest updates on 10/7.  I like to do lots of highlights. I had designed my own custom mark ups that were "better" than the default choices. I have accustomed myself to the delays that take place from the time I apply a markup until the time that they eventually appear. After accepting the latest updates to the software on my desktop I have noticed that the custom highlights have now taken on an ugly appearance. The default highlights look the same. My customs that have an image in the back has seemingly moved in front of the color and whiting out the color where the image is. In the past the image was behind the color. If you have done custom highlights then you may know what I am talking about. If anyone else can relate or offer help on what needs to be done to correct this problem I'd love to hear from you! Thanks 

Posts 27254
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 9:27 PM

I can't remember complaints about this in the beta. It might help if you publish a screen shot of them.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 12:44 PM

After the upgrade is above

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 1:03 PM

This is from my notebook without the update.If you dare me I will run the update to see if it effects the custom markups here as it did on my desktop above

Posts 27254
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:14 PM

Chuck Jaeger:
If you dare me I will run the update to see if it effects the custom markups here

I won't! If you recreate a markup does that fix the problem?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 8:15 PM

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 8:19 PM

I tried to recreate a custom mark up to return it back to the way it was suppose to look but no success.Note that my custom mark ups also changed in the selection column.

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 9:51 PM

Sorry you are having problems. I too have a large list of custom highlights, and I know how upset I would be if they were disturbed. Mine survived the upgrade unscathed. I can't imagine why yours did not. Just letting you know that it does not appear to be a universal problem set off by the upgrade. Good luck...God Bless.

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 12:57 PM

Thanks Abi, I am glad to hear that it didn't hurt your custom mark ups. I think I will try the upgrade in a couple of days from now on my laptop and see if it effects them there like it did on my desktop.

Posts 27254
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 8:55 PM

Chuck Jaeger:

Thanks Abi, I am glad to hear that it didn't hurt your custom mark ups. I think I will try the upgrade in a couple of days from now on my laptop and see if it effects them there like it did on my desktop.

It would be best to contact Technical Support and reference this thread.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

To make sure I'm understanding the problem: It looks like the transparent backgrounds of (some of) the images used in the markups are being drawn as white instead of transparent. For example, "walk by" and "the law" are wrong, but "the Spirit" is correct (right?).

I'm not sure why that is, and I'm not able to reproduce the problem as you've shown it here. For example, I created a new style with Natural Highlighter Grey background, and "RIP Tombstone" image Centered in Black, and it displays correctly.

Please precisely describe the style you're creating and/or attach a screenshot of it, so that I can be sure I'm trying to recreate the bug properly. It may be only a certain exact combination of styles that isn't working properly.

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:57 PM

Thanks for everyone who took a peek and made suggestions on how to deal with this problem.

The problem is that only the custom highlights were effected in their appearance after running the last upgrade on my desktop. The standard highlights such as "Spirit" did not change after the upgrade, because that one was not a custom. My description of the image is that it appeared to move forward and ended up inn front of the highlight. 

Since others had said that it did not appear to effect everyone's custom highlights I ran the update on my laptop and it also took on the appearance of the custom highlights on my desktop. So I was able to reproduce the problem.

Perhaps it is a certain combination of styles that it occurs, but in my case it changed the appearance of everyone of my custom highlights.

On the positive side, I have been tinkering with the settings on some of my custom highlights and it looks like I can modify the appearance to get the custom highlights back to the way they are suppose to look, or so it seems.

The one good thing about the custom highlights is that when you modify it changes that highlight everywhere it was used as a markup.

Posts 25
Chuck Jaeger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 23 2010 5:47 AM

Thanks Dave, I was finally able to go back and recreate all my  custom markups and that did fix the problem. Wink

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS