Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:57 AM

1. Exegetical guide

2. Multiple windows / Layouts

3. Notes

4. Full offline mode

5. This year

6. This year

Seriously. The other bible readers out there are doing these things right now and they do them with small teams. I don't mean to be ungracious but I have come to expect a lot from Logos.

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:54 AM

I like what is above, two more:

1. Clippings - I use them in my sermon prep and would be very helpful - if I'm limited to notes, I can cross over, but they don't naturally hold the reference material (I think)

2. Don' t limit the iphone because some think you can't take notes on it, or do major work on it. I do and would love to have as many possibilities open to it as "possible" 

Thanks for a great app!

PS - like the cure for cancer one too, Ivan! Wink

Posts 5
James Lum Siak Foong | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:09 PM

Yes, agreed, Prayer List to be sync to iPhone, that will be great.

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 7:58 PM

I just wish they would let us know when they think they will be getting it out. I know it could be a long time, but would be nice to know that in a month or two we might have an update to get. I just hope with all the people complaining about it being near useless when offline, that they fix it so we can actually load our books rather than cloud reading. I know the ability to load personal books and all content is the thing i look forward to in a different companies forth coming app (it's in beta but i am not one of the lucky beta testers).

-Dan

Posts 2759
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:19 AM

Daniel W. Francis:
I know the ability to load personal books and all content is the thing i look forward to in a different companies forth coming app (it's in beta but i am not one of the lucky beta testers).

Are you talking about offline reading? That is in the Logos app now. I'm guessing you know this and that wasn't what you were talking about, but in case it is, just go into your Library and tap the little blue arrow and it will show you a page about the book and there is a switch to turn offline reading on/off.

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:09 AM

copy and paste as well as highlight  & prayer lists.

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:09 AM

would really love to see a reverse interlinear for the iPad.

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:31 PM

The ability to see all of the alphabetized table of contents of dictionaries. Right now you can only scroll down to part of them which makes finding an entry that does not come up very very difficult.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:59 AM

Could someone--anyone at Logos PLEASE give us a projected date for the new release?  Is this 5 years out? 5 months? 5 weeks? 5 days? 5 minutes? Geeked

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:38 AM

A week ago we were told a beta was 'close'. iPhone betas are always closed (Apple's decision, not Logos'), so a beta won't get published here, but I guess that might mean that of your suggestions, 5 weeks until release might be the closest (though perhaps a little longer maybe).

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 8:51 AM

Less than 5 years, more than 5 days. We are in beta now for the next release, which will be 1.5.

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:04 PM

Dave Dunkin:

Less than 5 years, more than 5 days. We are in beta now for the next release, which will be 1.5.

That narrows it down a bit. if you are taking votes... I vote for 5 days. Wink

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:53 PM

clipping would be great and note taking and offline search as the basics to do a study offline

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:22 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Daniel W. Francis:
I know the ability to load personal books and all content is the thing i look forward to in a different companies forth coming app (it's in beta but i am not one of the lucky beta testers).

Are you talking about offline reading? That is in the Logos app now. I'm guessing you know this and that wasn't what you were talking about, but in case it is, just go into your Library and tap the little blue arrow and it will show you a page about the book and there is a switch to turn offline reading on/off.

No I mean installing from our own computers our own Logos files rather than depending on a cloud model that contains only part of our Libraries.

-Dan

Posts 25
Paul Grobler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:18 AM

Sumair:

clipping would be great and note taking and offline search as the basics to do a study offline

Especially clipping.  I see most people bring up note taking in these pages but clipping is also really important to me.  When I prepare for assignments, I read through the relevant books and make clippings of the material I require.  I use notes afterward to categorize them, making summaries in the process.  Both clippings and note would be great!

Posts 1703
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 12:50 PM

Robert Mullen:
Seriously. The other bible readers out there are doing these things right now and they do them with small teams. I don't mean to be ungracious but I have come to expect a lot from Logos.

Ouch! :-)

The other Bible readers have larger teams, actually -- since their whole team is dedicated to mobile, and we have to share our (larger overall) team with Windows, Mac, web, etc. (And did I mention ours is free? :-) )

The next release isn't going to have everything you want, because the next release just gets the desktop display engine onto the iPhone for use with offline books. This is a major job, since our desktop display engine is very mature and powerful; but it's also essential to making everything else work. And once it's there, we'll have essentially the same display on all platforms. It's like we're behind...and then one day we'll jump way out in front...

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 1:02 PM

Bob Pritchett:
the next release just gets the desktop display engine onto the iPhone

wow... wait... does this mean we will have the Home Page on the iPhone & iPad?  

or am i reading that wrong?

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 1:22 PM

Bob Turner:

Bob Pritchett:

Perhaps it will be the "Home away from Home Page"... Wink

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 1:29 PM

Bob Pritchett:

[The next release isn't going to have everything you want, because the next release just gets the desktop display engine onto the iPhone for use with offline books. This is a major job, since our desktop display engine is very mature and powerful; but it's also essential to making everything else work. And once it's there, we'll have essentially the same display on all platforms. It's like we're behind...and then one day we'll jump way out in front...

Does that mean everything readable by the desktop will be on our iOS devices???? "Same display on all platforms", makes me think that we should be capable of reading all the same files... I do know we will never et everything, everyone wants on their iOS, it;s just not that powerful, but ability to read all of our books offline would have me tickled pink.

-dan

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 1:46 PM

Bob Turner:

Bob Pritchett:

You are reading it wrong, I'm afraid. What Bob is talking about is the way the various resources are displayed. Currently, the Logos internet server converts all Logos resources from their native format into a simpler XHTML format that the iPhone app understands. This cut down the work that was required to build the app, but it limited what could be achieved beyond displaying simple resources. So the new version won't need the server to convert native Logos files, but will understand them itself.

This should open the way for displaying highlighting, interlinears, complex tables and the like, none of which are currently possible. But how much of this will be possible with the initial release of the display engine, I don't know. The hints that we've had suggest that not all these features will be available immediately.

Page 2 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS