Problems with Internet Explorer 9 bata

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3
Michael Hermanson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:27 AM

I loaded Internet Explorer 9 and had problems with fonts changing from English to foreign letters in Internet Explorer. After five hours of phone time, they are now thinking that it is not Explorer 9's fault, but an outside program I have loaded. I am not finished with them, but the only program I have loaded on my machine that deals with foreign fonts is Logos 4. Has anyone else with Logos 4 had similar problems with Internet Explorer 9? It will help when I talk to them again. Thank you.

Mike

Posts 4628
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:55 AM

Michael Hermanson:

I loaded Internet Explorer 9 and had problems with fonts changing from English to foreign letters in Internet Explorer. After five hours of phone time, they are now thinking that it is not Explorer 9's fault, but an outside program I have loaded. I am not finished with them, but the only program I have loaded on my machine that deals with foreign fonts is Logos 4. Has anyone else with Logos 4 had similar problems with Internet Explorer 9? It will help when I talk to them again. Thank you.

Mike

I have only seen one other post regarding IE 9 problems; but it had to do with the Logos site, not the program itself.

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 12:17 PM

We have IE9 Beta on a few machines internally, and haven't yet noticed font problems. If you provide some more specific details about the problem, we could test it out here and let you know if we find the same issue. (Also, is there a Connect issue filed with Microsoft that describes the bug?)

Posts 3
Michael Hermanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:18 PM

The fonts in Internet Explorer 9 have been changed from English to a foreign font. If we delete the font it goes to another foreign font. The problem fonts are usually only in the reply (open, close, etc.) boxes that come from the Explorer program. I have a case number and this is being looked at by the team who are writing the program, at least that is what my contact says.

Posts 31
Ben Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 8:05 PM
IE 9? Really, in beta already? WOW, I just got IE 8 with Windows 7 Pro x64 and getting used to it. Hmm, I guess I'll never ever catch up with technology. LOL

Pizza ░░▒▒▓▓█│BarJabba│█▓▓▒▒░░ Beer

Posts 13
LogosEmployee

I see this issue momentarily on IE 9 Beta 9.0.8027.6000.

It happens when I click forward and back in the browser while viewing a list of books. See attached screen shot.

Thanks. John

Posts 38
Ryan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:21 PM

John,

Have you upgraded to the latest IE9 RC? If so, do you still experience the problem. I've noticed several previous issues disappearing with more recent beta versions.

Thanks,

Ryan

Posts 13
LogosEmployee
John Nobile | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:56 PM

Hi Ryan,

I did not get a change to try this with IE9 RC, but it does not seem to occur with the release version of IE9.

Thanks!

John

Posts 3
Michael Hermanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 7:29 PM

John,

This is what I saw when I had my problems. Thanks for catching the problem. Let me know if the new IE 9 works.

Thanks, Mike

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS