Help: All links to authors' names in ACCS broken -- missing LLS:ACCSGEN!

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19190
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 15 2010 9:48 PM

I just downloaded the new 29-volume Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture today. When I click on links to the names of any ancient authors in any text in any volume...

...I get taken to a page that says this:

The file accsgen.lbxlls is not among the ones included with the product under Download Book Files. But I did a bit of digging and found that it is the Introduction and Bibliographic Material volume:

Where is this volume and why isn't it included in the product? Kind of a major oversight.

I found a mention of it on the forum which led me to finding it on the ftp server at ftp://ftp.logos.com/LbxBooks/ACCSGEN.lbxlls. So I downloaded it to my hard disk and ran scan on that folder, restarted Logos, but it still didn't pick it up after two tries.

Did anyone get the CD version of this from IVPress? Did it come with the ACCSGEN file included?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 2:57 AM

I just opened that resource in both L3 and L4 and the links are working for me.  The difference might be that I had previously downloaded the files from the FTP site.  It still doesn't show the ACCSGEN file on the logos.com site for the resource though.  If you don't have Libronix running still, you might try manually putting it into the L4 resource folder.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:10 AM

Just looking at this again, I had this as a part of the original ACCS collection some time ago, and while the ACCSGEN file has been updated, I had it quite a while before the latest release.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:22 AM

Rosie Perera:
Did anyone get the CD version of this from IVPress? Did it come with the ACCSGEN file included?

I got the original version from IVPress and it has the file on that CD.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:44 AM

I have ACCSGEN. I have the original IVP CD of the first set of volumes, plus the Logos 4 update of the more recent ones.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:48 AM

Alex Scott:

Rosie Perera:

I got the original version from IVPress and it has the file on that CD.

I have the ACCSGEN file as well (from the CD version), but did not purchase the new Pre-pub. Too many pre-pubs for me this month; something had to go.

Edit: and the links are working fine on the ones I do have. Sorry for your disappointment; I know how frustrating it can be when you have looked forward to getting and using a new purchase.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 4:02 AM

It looks like Logos have forgotten to include the licence to this resource in the download purchase. I think there was another volume missing from this collection when it first arrived, and which they put right. So I guess we need to draw their attention to this thread so that they can do so again.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 4:49 AM

Edit: superfluous post

Posts 116
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 5:43 AM

I purchased the ACCS CD from another source. I have all volumes working within Versions 3 & 4.

Posts 71
Romulo de Amorim Correa | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 1:58 PM

This is a similar problem we have with "Early Church Fathers Protestant Edition" (http://www.logos.com/products/details/5771)

In the original there is a volume, number 9 with an index. That is what is said on logos website:

Note: Volume 9 in the original print edition of the Ante-Nicene Fathers was a subject index for the other volumes. Volume 10 was a supplemental volume that was published after the first nine volumes. Since our own indexing is much more accurate than the print volume indexing, we chose not to include volume 9. Also, be aware that later print editions of the Ante-Nicene Fathers changed the order of volumes 9 and 10. So more recent source that cite volume 9 may actually be referring to what you will actually find in our volume 10.

Without the subject index is difficult to know what you have in each volume. I have to open one by one.

Romulo Corrêa

Brasília - Brazil

Posts 12
Chad Blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 4:19 PM

anyone have a solution to this... for some reason, I find this super annoying when reading through it =)

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:05 PM

This volume should have been included in the product. I'm not sure what went wrong here, but we'll resolve this as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:31 PM

My CD arrived here (Canada) only today so I was unable to confirm anything earlier; however I now have 30 volumes showing up in both L3 and L4: the mystery volume being ACCSGEN which, as Rosie correctly identified is the "Introduction and Biographical Information" volume.  Presumably this is called "GEN" as IVP describe this as comprising the "General Introduction", "Biographical Sketches" and the "Timeline of the Writers of the Patristic Period" which appear in all of the print volumes of ACCS, but in the interests of economy were removed from the electronic volumes and grouped together to form a new volume. 

You may indeed find "Broken links" as the IVP description of this key ACCSGEN file continues: "Each volume's table of contents links to the "Timeline" and "Biographical Sketches" in this volume.   So without ACCSGEN present in your library, the links to the "Fathers" and to the Timeline would not. (link that is).  Looks like ACCSGEN is an essential key file for ACCS as a whole to work as designed, so the lack of a license for this essential 30th file must be an oversight which presumably Logos will rectify promptly.  Note however that it is an easy mistake to make, as the "Complete Set" is advertized by IVP as containing 29 volumes.  Using a 30th to make the others work is a novel design feature (Does anyone know if this concept has been used before?). 

To add just a little to the confusion, the opening line of the body of the "General Introduction" (volume 30 of 29) says:

"The Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (hereafter ACCS) is a twenty-eight volume patristic commentary on Scripture. "

Confused

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 11:24 PM

I got my download  of the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture today. I am experiencing the same thing as Rosie. I get the "You don't have a licence ...etc" when I click on any of the ancient authors names. When you click on the Visit LOGOS.com you get a message that "Your search for ACCSGEN produced no results".  

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

We've updated the licenses for all customers who purchased the download version of ACCS to include the Introduction and Biographical Information (ACCSGEN) resource. If you have Logos 4, it should start downloading automatically. If you have LDLS3, a download link is now available on the product page.

Posts 6
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 7:40 PM

FANTASTIC !!! Big Smile...... Thanx Bradley !!!

Posts 19190
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 7:46 PM

Bradley Grainger:

We've updated the licenses for all customers who purchased the download version of ACCS to include the Introduction and Biographical Information (ACCSGEN) resource. If you have Logos 4, it should start downloading automatically. If you have LDLS3, a download link is now available on the product page.

Thank you, Bradley! Yay!!! Smile

Posts 21
Marc Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 11:14 PM

This is great news! Just had the automatic download. It works properly now! Thanks for the quick solving of this problem, Logos!

By the way, I think, actually what is more important than the links of the names at the beginning of a paragraph is the link at the end to the place of original reference. If you want to dig deeper you have to go there. Therefore, I would like to draw everyone’s attention to the Patrologia cursus completus. Series Graeca, of which the first 18 volumes are a Logos pre-pub.  But it’s still only Gathering Interest and needs further support. So, everyone who bought the ACCS may consider this one, too! 

Blessings

Posts 19190
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 11:17 PM

Joakeim:
I would like to draw everyone’s attention to the Patrologia cursus completus. Series Graeca, of which the first 18 volumes are a Logos pre-pub.  But it’s still only Gathering Interest and needs further support. So, everyone who bought the ACCS may consider this one, too! 

It's already on my pre-pub list, since I first noticed it, back in April.

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:06 AM

I just got my update. Works great. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS