How do I locate pisteuo in the imperative?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 5:17 AM

Ahh. Thanks Mark.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 5:55 AM

Mark Barnes:

Try clicking on this link: lemma:πιστεύω@vf

It should execute the search, and give you six results. If you place this search window next to yours, you might be able to compare this syntax with what you're trying, to find out what's going wrong.

Hi Mark!  Peace and Joy to you on this Lord's Day!  *smile*

That search still isn't an imperative!   However, that's a real neat trick to put the dynamics of your search into a functioning hyperlink!  Thanks for that!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2704
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 3:49 PM

I guess it would be  lemma:πιστεύω@v??m Big Smile

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 4:16 PM

DominicM:

I guess it would be  lemma:πιστεύω@v??m Big Smile

Hi Dominic!  Peace and Joy and Every Blessing!  *smile*

Now it's come to full circle ...    That's exactly what I suggested in the 6th post on the first page of this thread  ....     thanks much for the confirmation

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 6:23 AM

I am not sure what to make of this result, but when I tried the link on the MAC (4.0a 6199) it gave doubled results for Mt 9:28 and two doubled results for Jn 14:11?  It looks like a bug but I could be missing something.

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 22761
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 10:09 AM

Hi Robert

If you include information about the "mood" (right click on the header row and select this field) it shows that the word is tagged as both indicative and imperative. Each of these are reported separately as below:

Graham

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 3:47 PM

Graham

Thanks for the reply. Is it really possible for a verb to have two moods?  I thought it had to be one at a time.  

Is the problem that the search found a tag I didn't specify or that the results posted the line twice?

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 25669
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 4:22 PM

Robert Phillips:
Thanks for the reply. Is it really possible for a verb to have two moods?  I thought it had to be one at a time.

It happens because nobody can be sure what was in the mind of the writerSmile The word in Matt 9:28 is tagged twice, giving both moods.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS