ESV Bible - ESV Study Bible - ESV Study Bible Notes

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 17 2010 11:57 AM

Hello! :)

I have "ESV Bible" on Platinum (Mac). My question is: If I purchase "ESV Study BIble Notes," will they "sync" together (go together) with "ESV BIBLE," or is it like, every time I read something from "ESV BIBLE" and want to look at the notes/maps...etc., I have to open the "ESV STUDY BIBLE NOTES" in a different tab and link it? Can anyone help?

Also, is there a ESV STUDY BIBLE on the "Academic Product page"? I tried to find, but I found "ESV STUDY BIBLE NOTES."

Posts 646
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:12 PM

You can link them together so that as one moves, the other moves with it.

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:35 PM

Thank you :)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:52 PM

Joel Madasu:

I have "ESV Bible" on Platinum (Mac). My question is: If I purchase "ESV Study BIble Notes," will they "sync" together (go together) with "ESV BIBLE," or is it like, every time I read something from "ESV BIBLE" and want to look at the notes/maps...etc., I have to open the "ESV STUDY BIBLE NOTES" in a different tab and link it? Can anyone help?

Jeremy:
 You can link them together so that as one moves, the other moves with it.

Link Set A - scrolling from end of Luke into John in ESV:

Joel Madasu:
Also, is there a ESV STUDY BIBLE on the "Academic Product page"? I tried to find, but I found "ESV STUDY BIBLE NOTES."

ESV Bible is included in all Logos 4 Library packages => http://www.logos.com/comparison - only need ESV Study Bible Notes

Note: Academic discount page has Logos contact information => http://www.logos.com/academic/program

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 1:09 PM

Thank you for your help :)

Posts 230
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 1:37 PM

The ESV Study Bible Notes will sync with any Bible Translation, just like a commentary.Yes

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 5:58 PM

Oh, thats amazing!!! Thank you :)

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 6:13 PM

Also, once you link them together, save that as a named Layout (see here for how), and that way you can open your ESV Study Bible layout any time and it will open both the Bible text and the Notes and they'll already be linked together and the windows arranged the way you like them (side-by-side or one over the other). Watch the Layouts Management video for info on how to arrange the layout the way you like it.

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 7:04 AM

Thank you for your help :) 

Posts 6
Padre Dave | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 6:16 PM

That's great, but I often use The Lutheran Study Bible Notes and the ESV Study Bible Notes with the ESV.  Can I connect both of them to the ESV or would it be better just to let both the notes float like commentaries?

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 6:31 PM

You can link any resources tagged with Bible verses - commentaries, study notes,...

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 11:35 PM

Padre Dave:

That's great, but I often use The Lutheran Study Bible Notes and the ESV Study Bible Notes with the ESV.  Can I connect both of them to the ESV or would it be better just to let both the notes float like commentaries?

Yes, you can have them both linked simultaneously. Just set all three resources on the same Link Set (e.g., A or B) by selecting that Link Set from the panel menu of each of them. Then they'll scroll in tandem as you scroll in any one of them.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:22 AM

I like to have notes linked and with smaller font so it looks more like notes Smile.

You can do that by sliding the font size to the needed size.

I use NET notes as a second tab, also linked.

I have this layout as ESV Study Bible layout and I found myself using it the most.

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS