Growing strong in the Word this last year

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 18 2010 4:51 PM

This week marks the one year anniversary of my Logos purchase.  I started with Logos 3's Christian Home Library, which I upgraded three days later to the Bible Study Library to get interlinears.  During those few days I set up a bible reading plan and began the first daily scripture study in decades and I was enjoying it!  Barely a week later I upgraded to Logos 4.  I had been learning the original software and was completely confused by the new package.  I felt like what little ground I had gained was lost in my confusion but moved my daily bible reading schedule over to the new software, stopped using 3 and moved on.  Two weeks later I upgraded to the Scholar's Library to get a more complete set of features.  I made a final upgrade to Silver at the end of June for the Cascadia Syntax graphs used in the Greek videos.  I've added books and collections along the way that fit my interests, budget and learning style, using some excellent pre-pub and community pricing, so my collection suits my needs at this point. 

I want to thank the staff at Logos who make it happen.  I'm a software project manager and what I work on every day is not nearly as life changing as what you guys do!  I have not missed one day in a year of scripture study and have gone from morning study to reading two or three times a day.  I'm always anxious to get back to it when I need to step away to handle work and home responsibilities.  I've changed in the last year.  I'm less petty and worldly, more focused and gentle.  I burn to serve the Lord now and see opportunities to do it everywhere.  The Holy Spirit could use any means to bring me back from a marginal Christian to where he has brought me in this year but he used this tool to turn my heart back to God.

Kaye

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 1188
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 8:38 PM

Yes

Posts 8671
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 9:28 PM

Kaye Anderson:
I've changed in the last year.  I'm less petty and worldly, more focused and gentle.  I burn to serve the Lord now and see opportunities to do it everywhere.  The Holy Spirit could use any means to bring me back from a marginal Christian to where he has brought me in this year but he used this tool to turn my heart back to God.

This is great to hear Kaye. The Word does transform us when we give it a chance. I am glad the Lord helped you find a tool that made the Word fresh and exciting for you. I don't think you'll ever turn back.

Great testimony. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:57 PM

Amen, Kay!  *smile*

Peace to you!  And Great Joy!

Thank you for your testimony also; it encourages me to be a bit more "disciplined"!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2761
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 1:03 PM

Kaye!! Wow!! Praise the Lord sister. I love your comment "I burn to serve the Lord" I think the Spirit has been helping you to fan into flame that which was dwindling previously.

Way to go.

mm.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 1:18 PM

Kaye, Thank you for sharing with us!  Thank you, Lord!  Thank you, Logos!  

I can't claim the transformation God has granted Kaye, but Logos helps me to study the Bible more deeply and that can only be good.  I'm now finding answers to many of the questions the printed commentaries I have don't mention.  As well as picking up lots of helpful background.  I'm looking forward to being able to read the books on a Kindle or iPad.  I hope to get both in February when I visit England for a Mo seminar.  I'm spending a lot on Logos resources, and I think it's money well spent.  

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 1:26 PM

Milkman:
Way to go.

YesYes  Not enough thumbs could express the joy that you are bringing to King Jesus and He is pouring out to you.  Thanks for the testimony, Kaye!!  As many here have said before, "We're grateful for the Logos tools but like any tool it is what the tools build for here and eternity that reveal His fruit."  God bless you.

Posts 316
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 2:30 PM

Kaye Anderson:
I'm a software project manager and what I work on every day is not nearly as life changing as what you guys do! 

I'll bet you don't know how much of a differnce you make, when your whole person is changed as you say in your great testimonial... more then you will know.

Kaye Anderson:
I've changed in the last year

Thanks Kaye, it's a good reminder for the rest of us also... I really appreciated your openess to share!

Blessings

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 5:20 AM

Kaye,

i agree with the others....thank you for this post...it's a great encouragement to the rest of us.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3668
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 5:40 AM

Thanks to all--Kaye, Nicky, and more, for your testimony.  Thank you.  It helped start my day off right.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS