PLEASE TELL ME - No Shame on LOGOS

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:02 PM

"""" Shame on LOGOS""""BillS: Rosie Perera:I would like to see this thread dropped

Dear LOGOS

I just tried to reply to my "Shame on LOGOS thread. I was Blocked ourt and I found the above POST.

I am ashamed if one person who may not like a Thread be able to stop it.

I have see FORUMS controlled like this before. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME IT IS NOT SO.

I have alway enjoyed Rosie Perea's comments, but don't tell me you lock off thread like this... Tell me I am wrong and simply do not understand...

Rosie.... ???????????   I don't understand this un-Christian act.

Fred

cc:Email LOGOS

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:10 PM

Fred, if anything, it was the contentious nature of the thread that Logos found unhelpful.  Rosie was not responsible for the thread being locked--Logos was.

These are Logos' forums, and they have the right to control the nature of the discussion on them.  The thread was both disparaging to the company and moving off-topic.

Whether you agree with them or not, your concerns were given answers in the thread.  And then the thread had moved on to other less productive (non-Logos) topics, so I'm not surprised that Logos closed the thread.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:11 PM

Fred,

Rosie doesn't have the ability to lock threads, none of us do. If it was locked it was done by a Logos employee.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:25 PM

Hahaha.. I'm going to take a chill pill.... I have an extra one if you'd like it Smile

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 1715
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 6:58 PM

It's not our policy to lock threads. I'm not sure what happened, and am looking into it.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and that I hadn't yet had time to see and reply to the initial thread. (I'm just back from two weeks out of the country, and am headed out of town again right now; I'll try to get back into the forums soon!)

Posts 109
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:12 PM

Fred :

Let me get this straight. You make a post accusing LOGOS of greed when 1) you don't know the cost of publishing electronically, 2) you don't know the profit margins that LOGOS is operating under, but 3) you benefit from all their hard work, 4) you quote scripture chastising them but don't follow scripture yourself, and 5) you sign off “In Love and Charity” when I see neither in your words

Let me quote scripture: “What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. ” (James 4:1–3, ESV)

All of this makes me wonder who is greedy? LOGOS? or Fred J. Morgan?

Jarred

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:32 PM

I'm glad the thread was blocked.  Logos, please keep it blocked!  I found the accusations offensive.  I didn't reply, as I respected Rosie's suggestion that we don't keep the thread at the top of the list.  

I have made my criticisms and appeals, but try to stick to facts.  Some of the Logos resources are expensive, but no one's forcing us to buy them.  And I have always found them very helpful when I have had a problem.  Incidentally, do you know that you can contact customer support and (usually) sales via email - very helpful for those of  us for whom it would be an international call.  I did write a desperate letter once demanding to know why I hadn't had a reply to a query about a problem.  When I addressed the letter to sales as well as to the sales rep (or support, I don't remember), I got my reply from another member of staff, explaining that the staff member I had emailed had been in Haiti helping her family and others.  When she returned, she also apologised for not having replied.  Apology not necessary - she had been doing something much more important and urgent than answering my query.  Logos solved the problem as well.   

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:42 PM

Fred, let's keep this simple.

1. You made a public accusation against Logos.

2. That accusation turned out to be false.

3. You didn't apologize for your false accusation.

If I were you I'd apologize as soon as possible, and then drop the subject. It isn't doing your reputation here any good to complain that the thread with your false accusation and embarrassing mistake has been locked.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 3729
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:43 PM

I guess I found the previous thread less offensive than others - the question raised a number of helpful comments as to how and which resources are developed.  Given the pricing concerns, it seems that the original question was fair to ask.

If the thread went off topic, it was not Fred's fault.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:46 PM

Fred J. Morgan:
I don't understand this un-Christian act.

That's because blocking a thread is not an un-Christian act.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:54 PM

Floyd Johnson:

I guess I found the previous thread less offensive than others - the question raised a number of helpful comments as to how and which resources are developed.  Given the pricing concerns, it seems that the original question was fair to ask.

The question was fair, but the tone, e.g. "Shame on Logos" seemed very heavily loaded and combative to me.  I agree about experiencing other threads as more offensive.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 12:59 PM

Floyd Johnson:

We don't need to rehash a bad experience but Fred was comparing apples to oranges (sorry Mac folks.) A facsimile of a public domain text is NOTHING compared to a newly translated, newly typeset, tagged and corrected resource in a completely different format. The only way Fred could have been more off base is if he compared a title of totally different content.

So in reality, Fred's thread was not led off-topic by others, it was started off-topic! When the whole premise of a statement is incorrect, any questions that follow are not "fair."

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 1:07 PM

I hacked the forum and locked the thread cuz I was receiving too many emails...sike!!! I don't know what happened.  I tried to post at another thread this morning and it gave me an error message, so go figure...

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS