synchronization error

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:04 AM

running L4 4.1 SR4 on windows xp machine.

I keep getting the "error occured during synchronization" with L4 running.

It never stops syncing...just get little yellow icon and later starts syncing again.

I saw this reported a while ago on forums but can't find it.

Any help appreciated.

rda

Posts 2553
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:08 AM

I do believe the server is down at Logos. They usually get it up pretty quickly. They should change the error to read that the server is down to avoid further confusion.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:12 AM

I have had these since yesterday, too. Logos has been having some server problems. That may be it, or there may have been something introduced with the SR-4 update that is causing this.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:19 AM

John Fidel:

I do believe the server is down at Logos. They usually get it up pretty quickly. They should change the error to read that the server is down to avoid further confusion.

Maybe they can't get to us if the server's down!  My yesterday's prepub seems to have disappeared with the server - and 3 more for today....

Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:33 AM

Ever since I downloaded SR-4.1 yesterday the same problem occurred. At first clicking again on the yellow triange seemed to have fixed the problem, but later on today the problem re-occurred and no amount of clicking on the yellow triangle is solving the problem, it only seems to make it worse.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:40 AM

Geertruida Selter:
Ever since I downloaded SR-4.1 yesterday the same problem occurred.

My experience as well. Not sure if there wasn't something in the SR-4 release that gummed up the synchronization or that is just a coincidence with the server problems Logos has been having.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:43 AM

Mark A. Smith:

I have had these since yesterday, too. Logos has been having some server problems. That may be it, or there may have been something introduced with the SR-4 update that is causing this.

Since I am having the problem with both my pc and mac, i'd assume it was a server problem. Whatever the case, it would be good customer relations for someone to post an explanation here.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:17 PM

Same here, after a 14.8 MB or so Update, I get this sync error....

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:30 PM

I am getting the sync error pretty constantly now too.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:36 PM

I am getting it on both 4.1 SR-4 and 4.2 Beta 2 indicating this isn't an SR-4 introduced error.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:38 PM

echo the sentiments on what you are all experiencing.

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

I apologise for the late update on this issue.

We have identified a capacity issue with the sync server, and will be taking it offline for a few hours to fix the problem.

There is no data loss; the Logos 4 client continues to keep all your changes stored locally and will upload them once the sync server is back online. Again, I apologise for the inconvenience (especially if you routinely use Logos 4 on multiple computers or mobile devices).

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:49 PM

Thanks Bradley.

Posts 28
Ken Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 4:00 PM

I am having the same problem too.  Thanks for fixing the server to get this resolved.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger:

We have identified a capacity issue with the sync server, and will be taking it offline for a few hours to fix the problem.

The sync server maintenance has finished. Sync should be up and running without errors.

Posts 20
James A. Cossey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 6:14 PM

I am still having problems with synchronization.  Is the server up?

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 9:48 PM

James A. Cossey:

I am still having problems with synchronization.  Is the server up?

It is OK for me. If problem persists please start a new thread and post some logs http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging (please read carefully and upload logos4.log and any error logs).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 72
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 8:16 AM

Feb 6 8:13am

I am having the same endless synch problem. (have been all weekend) I contacted tech support and was told that the problem was with their synch server. She said to wait and it would be resolved. It's good to know that the problem is not on my side and that Logos tech expertise will resolve the issue. A search of the "synch" issue suggests that this is nothing new (threads in 2010 & 2011 & now current). I guess that increased users produces overloading the synch server(s)?

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 1:25 PM

Warren Dane:
I guess that increased users produces overloading the synch server(s)?

The new Sync method now handles iOS devices for notes and highlights - increased traffic.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS