"Scribble" a note "in" a book?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Joel Dorman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:04 AM

After scouring the forums, I couldn't find anything about this (exactly how I'm asking) so here goes:

Is there any way to add a note in the margin of the text of the book I am reading?

Example:

• I'm reading D.A. Carson's Exegetical Fallacies (a GREAT book, BTW).
  • I really like something from the book and want to highlight it and make a comment.
  • Is there a way to make that comment IN THE BOOK itself or does it have to be in a note/clipping file?

Thanks,

Joel

Posts 10420
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:07 AM

Joel Dorman:
Is there a way to make that comment IN THE BOOK itself or does it have to be in a note/clipping file?

It would need to be a separate note/clipping, but you would not need a whole new file for it. You might consider a note file devoted to such thoughts, however.

Posts 27
Joel Dorman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:09 AM

That's what I was afraid of...

Thanks!

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:34 AM

Well, if you REALLY want to you can. I'm not sure you can get it in the margin but here is an idea. You can hide yoru comments by using the options on the three circle thingy.

Posts 9915
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 8:45 AM

Logos' programmers will NEVER over-estimate the deviousness of the users in trying to do what they want! Thanks Philip on the highlighting suggestion. I didn't know I could do that. VERY useful (albeit not for general notes). Now I'm wondering exactly what D.A. Carson wrote!

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:02 AM

Denise Barnhart:

Logos' programmers will NEVER over-estimate the deviousness of the users in trying to do what they want! Thanks Philip on the highlighting suggestion. I didn't know I could do that. VERY useful (albeit not for general notes). Now I'm wondering exactly what D.A. Carson wrote!

This could be used to sorta link resources. The text you input is selectable so you can put the link in the text, copy it, paste it in the command box and go to the resource. then create a secondary link in the other resource. Personally I think its too much trouble but if you REALLY want to its possible :-)

Posts 1628
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 10:49 AM

Thank you Philip. Believe it or not, I have wished for something like this a long time for what I call my "general reading" books such as devotions and figured out how to set it up after seeing your example. Awesome.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 6:42 PM

Philip, an interesting choice of color for the highlight note.  Some things never change!  

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 22 2010 6:29 AM

Jerry M:

Philip, an interesting choice of color for the highlight note.  Some things never change!  

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS