Moving the bulk of Logos Program to different drive

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 94
David N. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:30 PM

2011/01/22

Hi Kevin,

Again, thank you so much for your speedy response!

You said: 

Kevin Becker:
Bluntly, if you are looking for saving space it's probably time to buy a bigger, faster internal hard drive. It will improve your performance (both Windows and Logos); external hard drives are best for back up and storing files you won't use very frequently, two categories I suspect that Logos doesn't fit into for you.

Kevin - that's fabulous advice!  I just got my "new" old-computer (OptiPlex 745 - Core 2 Duo) so I've finally made it up a notch into the "multi - core" processor world and I can't wait to try Logos 4 on the "new" computer.  And it was supposed to come with only an 80GB disk and I paid to have it upgraded to 160GB (same as I have right now on my P4) - but I should have kept that money and gone to NewEgg or TigerDirect and put it toward something a bit bigger!  I'm hobbled by short-sighted thinking! 

Anyway, you've made an excellent suggestion, because right now I basically only have the OS on the disk - I don't have any programs on it yet - so now is the perfect time to get a bigger disk!  Wink

Thanks again, so much!

David

Dell OptiPlex 745 - Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz - 4GB RAM - XP Pro SP3
Seagate 160GB - 7200RPM - ATI Radeon x1300 256MB PCI-e

1 Timothy 1:17

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 6:56 PM

So is there a performance advantage to having the program on C: drive and the Resourcces all on a second physical drive? Not a different partition on the same drive mind you but a completely different drive?

Just asking.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 7:01 PM

Bob Schlessman:

So is there a performance advantage to having the program on C: drive and the Resourcces all on a second physical drive? Not a different partition on the same drive mind you but a completely different drive?

Just asking.

The Logos executable is probably loaded into memory when you launch the program so having it on a different drive wouldn't give you a performance boost.

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 3:35 AM

Kevin Becker:

The Logos executable is probably loaded into memory when you launch the program so having it on a different drive wouldn't give you a performance boost.

That's what I figured Kevin but I wanted to double check other thoughts. Thank you for the response. Smile

Blessings,

Bob

Posts 25056
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 24 2011 4:53 PM

Bob Schlessman:

Just asking.

If I had an internal SSD drive I would (custom) install the program there! I always install L4 to another partition; mainly to keep my system image (backup) small. L4 and other large data files are backed up in the normal way.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 32
Andrew BN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 5:35 AM

I have tried DominicM's method posted 2010-10-22 above with Logos 6.4 in Win 8.1 on an Asus Transformer and put my Resources on a removable SD Card but Logos crashes on startup. Windows Explorer reads the junction correctly. Any suggestions?

Posts 32
Andrew BN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 12:52 AM

Reposted under Logos 6 at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/114215.aspx

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS