Greek characters not displaying right in Google Chrome

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
michael cancassi | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:35 AM

I'm using Goggle Chrome as my browser. When I'm using the Biblia online, the Greek characters are not displaying correctly in the books that I open. How can I fix this issue?

Posts 5
Ken Maynard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:18 AM

Also in Explorer 7 and Android.  If I copy into Word and use, for example, ariel unicode, it is correct.  It seems to be characters with breathing, elision, and diaeresis markings that are not making it.

Posts 29
Rodney Staton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 4:51 PM

This is happening to me on my Blackberry on Biblia.com, but not with Firefox.

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 5:26 PM

As a quick work-around, you could try changing your default fonts in the web browser. Any of the more modern fonts should show most of the characters properly. (Though, as I posted elsewhere, the proper solution would be to use web-fonts for Greek characters (not sure how well mobile devices support this, though). The SBLGreek font has the best appearance for Greek characters IMO :) )

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 5:28 PM

Hi Michael,

You could try http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88099 - it adjusts the font used for Biblia and sets Greek text to use the SBLGreek font.

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS