Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 14 2009 8:24 AM

I apologize for this being off topic but I just need to share a bit.

My wife and I have had the honor of being Mommy and Daddy to the most wonderful baby girl since she was 1.5 months old as her foster parents. She has a smile and disposition  that will light up your life. My wife and I have been married for 9 years and do not have children of our own, so it has been a special blessing to take care of her.

Last Wednesday we received the dreaded warning call that her grandparents will be becoming her resource parents. I can only imagine the excitement and anticipation that is in there hearts. Today we learned that tonight will be our last night with her.

We have been blessed with over 180 days of putting her to bed, countless diapers, countless bottles, and countless smiles. Trials in our lives only exist where God has abundantly blessed. I don't complain when someone takes my brussel sprout, but take my chocolate cake and we'll have words.

Whoever the loved ones are in your lives cherish every day, because the days you have with them are few and unknown. My wife and I are very sad, but we knew this day could come and we send Dezarae on with our greatest blessings, hopes and prayers.

Thanks for listening.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2009 8:32 AM

May the peace of God....

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2009 8:40 AM

Thank you for the reminder Philip.  And thank you and your wife for "being Jesus" to a baby girl.

Grace and peace brother.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2009 9:12 AM

Philip Spitzer:
Whoever the loved ones are in your lives cherish every day, because the days you have with them are few and unknown. My wife and I are very sad, but we knew this day could come and we send Dezarae on with our greatest blessings, hopes and prayers

Amen!

May God, our gracious and loving Father, who has known the heartbreak of lost children, and gave His only begotten so those lost ones could be restored to Him, give you a peace beyond understanding, a peace stronger than your deepest grief. May He fill you with the sure and certain hope that nothing done in His name is ever lost, is ever wasted, that it is always worth whatever pain we may face. May you hear His tender and gently firm voice telling you again what you already know: that through Him, even in these things, we are more than conquerors, and that nothing can come into our lives unless He has already planned to transform it to our benefit (and the benefit of all His children). In this we trust. In this we hope. In this we rest.

Our prayers are with you.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:00 AM

My wife and I have been through a similar situation. 

As I count its been about 19 years... but it seems like yesterday

Cry out to our Lord who feels the tears of his children.

Weep but not without hope.

May he carry you through this tenderly and give you peace.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:19 AM

Hey Philip, thank you for sharing your heart.  God's blessings to you and your wife, and that little girl.  He will continue His work around and in her life, even if you have to pull back yours.  In that, we can rest.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2009 11:39 AM

Storm Crying Umbrella

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:37 AM

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Our little baby is out of our hands now. Our hearts are heavy but our Hope is sure.

Posts 33849
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:57 AM

I truly hope that you live in a state that has a foster-to-adopt program for those children who don't have family to come to their assistance.  You sound like wonderful foster parents. (from a former foster parent of teenagers).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:14 AM

MJ. Smith:

I truly hope that you live in a state that has a foster-to-adopt program for those children who don't have family to come to their assistance.  You sound like wonderful foster parents. (from a former foster parent of teenagers).

We do, NJ. Of course adoption was our desire. :-(

Posts 70
Rodney Prickett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:38 AM

Sorry for you guys today and praying for you for the days ahead.

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 12:24 PM

Philip,

Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for you and your wife as you go from here. Thanks for your service to the Lord!

Posts 10851
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2009 4:18 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Last Wednesday we received the dreaded warning call that her grandparents will be becoming her resource parents. I can only imagine the excitement and anticipation that is in there hearts. Today we learned that tonight will be our last night with her.

Philip

The wife and I were foster parents several times many years ago, so I can understand your situation. You are in my prayers.

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS