SESB for Logos discontinued?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 30 2010 6:01 AM

I've noticed that Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible (SESB) Edition for Logos Bible Software Users is no longer offered. Is the SBLGNT and its apparatus the replacement or is there another product offering we can anticipate? Is purchasing the full SESB the only way to get the NA27's apparatus now?

Posts 1429
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 6:09 AM

I've read on the German SESB-forum that the release of SESB 4.0 is scheduled for early 2011. This release will also include the upgrade to Logos 4.

James Thompson:

Is purchasing the full SESB the only way to get the NA27's apparatus now?

Yes.

Posts 295
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 6:43 AM

Good news.  I am interested in purchasing it.

Posts 425
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 6:54 AM

James Thompson:

I've noticed that Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible (SESB) Edition for Logos Bible Software Users is no longer offered. Is the SBLGNT and its apparatus the replacement or is there another product offering we can anticipate? Is purchasing the full SESB the only way to get the NA27's apparatus now?

I was on the main page yesterday for the latest edition just to find out about something and it was still there. 

Wilson Hines

Posts 10804
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 7:27 AM

James Thompson:
I've noticed that Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible (SESB) Edition for Logos Bible Software Users is no longer offered.

Logos still offers if for sale http://www.logos.com/products/details/5181

Posts 1677
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:46 AM

James Thompson:
I've noticed that Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible (SESB) Edition for Logos Bible Software Users is no longer offered.

Hi James. I also noticed that the SESB for Logos users (i.e. the cut-down SESB for those who already own a Logos base package) is no longer offered.

That's the one I bought recently (August), but even in my order history, that item no longer is link. The previous product number (3005) no longer works.

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:06 AM

Allen Browne:

Hi James. I also noticed that the SESB for Logos users (i.e. the cut-down SESB for those who already own a Logos base package) is no longer offered.

That's the one I bought recently (August), but even in my order history, that item no longer is link. The previous product number (3005) no longer works.

That's the one I was referring to and I like really it. The display in L4 is not as crisp as it is in L3 but the apparatus is essential if you're going to do serious study. Looks like I may have to upgrade to the full SESB 4 when it comes out in 2011.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:13 PM

Yes, SESB contains WIVU Syntax search which you cannot do in Logos 4.0

Here is the link where they discuss the upgrade to SESB 4 coming in early 2011 (at least at the time). Check post #2 here.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:09 PM

James Thompson:

It looks like it has reappeared: http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/%7BA4C55A20-0B37-435C-A1CE-DDEEC2D88439%7D

I think they've made it a downloadable product now.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1677
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:20 PM

Todd Phillips:

James Thompson:
I've noticed that Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible (SESB) Edition for Logos Bible Software Users is no longer offered....

It looks like it has reappeared: http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/%7BA4C55A20-0B37-435C-A1CE-DDEEC2D88439%7D

Thanks, Todd.

Strange link (some kind of GUID instead of a product it.)

Posts 1677
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:09 PM

Okay: it is back with a new product number:

http://www.logos.com/products/details/6485

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS