Moving resources to a MAC

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Mel Ming | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:45 PM

I have a huge collection on my Windows computer and I am replacing it with a MacBook Pro laptop. What file folder should I move the resources to on the Mac?

Posts 22730
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:38 AM

Hi Mel - and welcome to the forums.

Does the information at http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs help?

Graham

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 3:07 PM

Just a quick caution. When I tried the technique, my copy never ran quite correct. I had to wipe it and go through the whole routine to get a working version.   The installation I copied from ran perfectly but the copy never worked right.  YOu might save some time, you might wind up wasting some.

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 2:46 AM

I'm with Robert on this one, Mel. Just bite the bullet. Install Logos on your Mac just before bedtime and then let it re-index while you dream of Logos on your shiny new Mac!  Sleep Then wake up to Logos 4 Mac Big Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:54 AM

Mel Ming:

I have a huge collection on my Windows computer and I am replacing it with a MacBook Pro laptop. What file folder should I move the resources to on the Mac?

Directly moving resources to Logos 4 Mac resources folder does not work;  choices are downloading resources or use scan <path> command.

Wiki page has steps for copying Logos resources to Mac for scanning => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs

Robert Phillips:

Just a quick caution. When I tried the technique, my copy never ran quite correct. I had to wipe it and go through the whole routine to get a working version.   The installation I copied from ran perfectly but the copy never worked right.  YOu might save some time, you might wind up wasting some.

Updated Wiki page - moved not supported quick installation steps to bottom of page - wondering if those 4 steps troublesome ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS