Best laptop for logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 42
Douglas W. Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:22 PM

I need to be portable with Logos 4, recommendations for a laptop that will run logos 4 well? I have an imac at home but spend as much time in bootcamp wint 7 as I do mac os.

Posts 22
Gregory Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:58 PM

The Sony Vaio Z. Power, speed, and portability.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 1:00 PM

Douglas W. Brown:

I need to be portable with Logos 4, recommendations for a laptop that will run logos 4 well? I have an imac at home but spend as much time in bootcamp wint 7 as I do mac os.

I can only speak for the PC side. Whatever you get, make sure it has dedicated graphics memory. Everything else does make a difference but that one is the easiest to overlook yet I believe makes a substantial difference.

Of course the others things would be memory (at least 3, the more the merrier) and a fast hard drive (7200 RPMs)

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 1:30 PM

Douglas W. Brown:

I very much like the HP TouchSmart tm2 Tablet PCs.  I regularly use it with MS OneNote to create and notate passage and topic studies as I move through my LOGOS library.  Speed is okay for me - though I do not have a high speed machine to compare it to.  I did upgrade my 2GB model to 4 GB, and it can be updated to 8GB - something I want to do after Christmas.  Models can be had for less than $1000 from HP's web site - perhaps cheaper elsewhere (e.g. Sams Club).

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 2:05 PM

Logos 4 is a resource intensive program - http://www.notebookcheck.net/FAQ-Tips-Technics.123.0.html - FAQ's include laptop graphics and processor comparisons. A laptop good for gaming use should also be good for Logos 4 - modern games benefit from better graphics, faster processors, more memory, and faster disks - may want to consider SSD (Solid State Disk) for storage.

For price and hardware comparison, Apple offers many refurbished MacBook Pro's => http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro

Apple refurbished computers have same hardware warranty as new - only box has refurbished label - inside box, computer appears brand new.

In contrast, Dell places refurbished sticker on their Outlet computers (usually on notebook case bottom) - roller coaster for deals - be sure to compare Outlet configuration with new - sometimes Outlet can be 50 % off New (using additional Outlet coupon) while other times Outlet price is same as new.  By the way, many Dell 17" laptop models can have 2 disks.  Dell Outlet web site has clickable hardware criteria (noticed laptop video with dedicated 512 MB and 1GB, also saw several Core i5 and i7 CPU's)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 149
Bob Schaefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 5:48 PM

If portability is your thing, I can't recommend the ThinkPad X201 highly enough. (There are a couple of threads already discussing its virtues - try looking here.) It runs Logos 4 very well, despite having integrated graphics. It's only 3.5 pounds with the extended battery, and I was able to get through an entire day of Camp Logos on battery power only. And the build quality is top-notch - important in a device that's gonna get knocked around when you lug it from place to place.

I love my ThinkPad - you could sure do worse than considering one for yourself. Smile

Posts 1
James Schoon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 31 2010 6:35 PM

I am using a Toshiba Satellite and it works great. Never have any problems.

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:58 AM

Douglas W. Brown:

It sounds to me that you are looking for either a MacBook AIr or MAC Book Pro. either one will cover the functionality of your imac (with come loss of power/speed) in the field.  We should soon have some reports of LOGOS 4 MAC on the MBA.  Check the Logos 4 MAC forum.  

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 17
Ken Cruzado | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:18 AM

I love Logos 4 on my Vaio Z (last year's model). I was strongly considering a Macbook, but Logos runs very well on the Vaio Z (vgn-z670n)

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2010 11:46 PM

logos 4 runs great on my 1 and half year old vaio Z .... 4gb ram.  

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 8:32 AM

Using an HP Pavilion dv6t Select Edition series

http://bit.ly/9hPc9u

Runs super fast! Highly recommended!

Posts 5
Michael Scoggins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2010 10:26 AM

I would take a look at the new Dell XPS 15 laptop it has an i5 processor 4GB of memory, a new sharper display, a Nvidia 420m graphic processor, and a 500GB hard drive for $850. You can opt for the 256GB SSD drive instead of the hard drive but it is a $500 option (gulp).

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS