Notes & Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 129
Chad | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 31 2010 7:24 PM

Hopefully an easy question--can you highlight text inside a "notes" tab?  It would be very nice to be able to manipulate the notes so internally they can arranged a bit better (especially for longer notes).  Thanks. 

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:32 AM

Sorry; that feature is not available right now.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:38 AM

Chad Grindstaff:

Hopefully an easy question--can you highlight text inside a "notes" tab?  It would be very nice to be able to manipulate the notes so internally they can arranged a bit better (especially for longer notes).  Thanks. 

As Fred noted, that feature isn't available.  What you can do is to change fonts, increase font size, change font color, bold or italicize which would call attention to that text.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:01 AM

Chad Grindstaff:
It would be very nice to be able to manipulate the notes so internally they can arranged a bit better (especially for longer notes).

You can drag-drop your notes to re-arrange them. Is that what you had in mind?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:23 AM

George Somsel:
change font color

I don't know of any way to change the font color of the notes in my note file.  Is this possible?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:42 AM

Jerry M:
I don't know of any way to change the font color of the notes in my note file.  Is this possible?

You can't change the font color from within Logos, but if you paste coloured text into Logos the colour is retained. So if you really want colour, paste your note into Word, apply the colouring, then copy/paste it back.

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:55 AM

Mark Barnes:

Jerry M:

You can't change the font color from within Logos, but if you paste coloured text into Logos the colour is retained. So if you really want colour, paste your note into Word, apply the colouring, then copy/paste it back.

Could you also apply background colors in WORD and have them retained?  If you can do that, you have most of highlighting already.

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:21 AM

Mark Barnes:
font color from within Logos, but if you paste coloured

I almost had you spelling color correctly and then you went back to your old English ways.  

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:29 AM

Jerry M:

Mark Barnes:
font color from within Logos, but if you paste coloured

I almost had you spelling color correctly and then you went back to your old English ways.  

When will you Brits learn to spell correctly?  Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:33 AM

Jerry M:

George Somsel:
change font color

Others have answered this already, but since you asked me directly, I'll confirm that you need to copy and paste the pre-formatted text.  When I originally posted my reply I was still thinking of the capabilities of L3 which I only recently began to leave behind.  Obviously, it still isn't ready for prime time.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2704
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:03 AM

No Pasting in Word data into notes REMOVES all colour, it was removed in 4.0c If I recall correctly, and has never been reinstated

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 129
Chad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 7:48 AM

Thanks all--your answers answered my question.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS