Richard Bauckham: The Climax of Prophecy

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:31 AM

This commentary on the book of Revelation would be a good additions to the Logos library. It would help bring some balance to a field where the dispensationalist view tends to predominate.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:50 AM

David Matthew:

This commentary on the book of Revelation would be a good additions to the Logos library. It would help bring some balance to a field where the dispensationalist view tends to predominate.

Yes, I would recommend this as well.  One thing should be clear, however, in order to avoid disappointment due to unfulfilled expectations.  This is NOT a commentary of the Apocalypse.  It is rather a collection of essays on various topics in the book.  It is very worthwhile.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:04 AM

There are two Bauckham books on Revelation. I'd be delighted to see them both. As noted, The Climax of Prophecy is a collection of essays, not a commentary, though he does deal in depth with several passages. His Theology of Revelation, although much briefer, is also very good.

Posts 1
Alistair Turkington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:48 AM

Agreed!   Both of Bauckhams books are a must for any serious study of Revelation!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:08 PM

David Matthew:

We can't have that.  That would mean that I have another book in my library that I need to dispose of.  Angry  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:04 PM

Yes both Bauckham books on Revelation are "musts" to have in Logos.

Posts 3583
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 19 2013 3:37 PM

Got the soft-cover, nice to have the L4 edition.

mm.

mm.

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:54 PM

Yes

Posts 662
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:03 AM

Yes please to both!

Posts 2
Posts 1522
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 12:42 AM

Mark Barnes:

There are two Bauckham books on Revelation. I'd be delighted to see them both. As noted, The Climax of Prophecy is a collection of essays, not a commentary, though he does deal in depth with several passages. His Theology of Revelation, although much briefer, is also very good.

Yes

Posts 140
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 2:17 AM

Yes, I agree.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 11:46 AM

YesYes

It would be fantastic to have both of these in Logos.

Posts 2805
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 3:11 PM

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 4:34 PM

YesYes

Posts 3583
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 6:53 AM

Nice to have it in the L6 edition...

Milkman:

Got the soft-cover, nice to have the L4 edition.

mm.

mm.

Posts 628
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 12 2015 7:33 AM

Mark Barnes:

YesYesYesYes

Posts 10
Brad Bryant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 7:16 PM

Would love to see this book added to Logos

Posts 140
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:55 AM

YesYesYes

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS