Richard Bauckham: The Climax of Prophecy

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:31 AM

This commentary on the book of Revelation would be a good additions to the Logos library. It would help bring some balance to a field where the dispensationalist view tends to predominate.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:50 AM

David Matthew:

This commentary on the book of Revelation would be a good additions to the Logos library. It would help bring some balance to a field where the dispensationalist view tends to predominate.

Yes, I would recommend this as well.  One thing should be clear, however, in order to avoid disappointment due to unfulfilled expectations.  This is NOT a commentary of the Apocalypse.  It is rather a collection of essays on various topics in the book.  It is very worthwhile.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:04 AM

There are two Bauckham books on Revelation. I'd be delighted to see them both. As noted, The Climax of Prophecy is a collection of essays, not a commentary, though he does deal in depth with several passages. His Theology of Revelation, although much briefer, is also very good.

Posts 1
Alistair Turkington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:48 AM

Agreed!   Both of Bauckhams books are a must for any serious study of Revelation!

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:08 PM

David Matthew:

We can't have that.  That would mean that I have another book in my library that I need to dispose of.  Angry  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 277
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:04 PM

Yes both Bauckham books on Revelation are "musts" to have in Logos.

Posts 3068
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 19 2013 3:37 PM

Got the soft-cover, nice to have the L4 edition.

mm.

mm.

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:54 PM

Yes

Posts 617
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:03 AM

Yes please to both!

Posts 2
Posts 1506
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 12:42 AM

Mark Barnes:

There are two Bauckham books on Revelation. I'd be delighted to see them both. As noted, The Climax of Prophecy is a collection of essays, not a commentary, though he does deal in depth with several passages. His Theology of Revelation, although much briefer, is also very good.

Yes

Posts 124
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 2:17 AM

Yes, I agree.

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 11:46 AM

YesYes

It would be fantastic to have both of these in Logos.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 3:11 PM

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 4:34 PM

YesYes

Posts 3068
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 6:53 AM

Nice to have it in the L6 edition...

Milkman:

Got the soft-cover, nice to have the L4 edition.

mm.

mm.

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 12 2015 7:33 AM

Mark Barnes:

YesYesYesYes

Posts 8
Brad Bryant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 7:16 PM

Would love to see this book added to Logos

Posts 124
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 7:55 AM

YesYesYes

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS