new logos.com - bring back old CP page!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 2 2010 8:58 AM

Now I have to open every title on CP page to see if I've ordered it and how much for.  Could we not have the original view as in the old CP page, with the option of the fancy estimaTED price etc.  I bid for nearly everything that cropped up on the old page this morning.  Now I've lost interest.  I haven'y got all day to waste on it.  On the old page I could see at a glance and get more info if I wanted it.Sad

Posts 1568
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:26 AM

I agree, It looks nice but is pretty incontinent. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 20
Phil Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:30 AM

I love the new look of the community pricing, both the list views and individual views, but please add back the functionality to see at a glance on the list view whether or not you have already bid on an item as well as the ability to tell where your bid currently is in reference to the estimated final pricing.

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:14 AM

Agreed!  Need a way to view all at once with our "price we agreed to make purchase" listed for each resource.

I think we have a similar situation on the Pre-Pub page when you check your "account" and then orders.  Pre-pubs don't show up with the estimated ship day like they used to...

Feb 5 Pre-Pub Under Contract The New Testament for English Readers (4 vols.) $12.00 Edit
Feb 25 Pre-Pub Gathering Interest Philip Schaff Collection (21 vols.) $139.95 Edit
Mar 5 Pre-Pub Under Contract Essays in Biblical Greek $7.00 Edit
Mar 25 Pre-Pub Under Contract The Journal of Biblical Literature (26 vols.)

The date shown is the date I ordered it.  I need to be able to find items by the date they are expected to ship in case they need to be canceled.  There is also no "total purchase price" at the bottom to scare me any longer (please bring it back).

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:43 AM

This is the most user unfriendly change to a web site that I have ever seen, making new and managing new bids has now become a complex procedure then to add insult to injury they implement it on a day that loads of new resources have been added for us to bid on. This page needs rethinking as a matter of priority or I predict that the Community Project will literally fade away... 

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 47
Sam McCloud | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:56 AM

One thing here that may help initially anyway is this: I noticed that after bidding on some items that the details button in the bottom right corner of those item's boxes was grayed out, so you can see at least whether or not you have bid on an item. Just refresh the main CP page after you've bid on an item. I know there are other issues but this might help to some degree.

My Library | Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 2:13 PM

Nicky, there's a solution to this coming that will let you bid (and see how much you've already bid) right from the main Community Pricing page (or any time a CP title appears in search results).

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 2:15 PM

Phil Gons:

Nicky, there's a solution to this coming that will let you bid (and see how much you've already bid) right from the main Community Pricing page (or any time a CP title appears in search results).

ALLELUIA!  When?Stick out tongue

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 2:22 PM

I can't give a definite date on this one, but it could be in the next week or two.

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 3:00 PM

Phil,

How about changing the text next to the graph on the main CP page from 'Gathering Interest' to something more helpful, like the percentage of the highest point on the graph? Once the item goes to 100% put the closeout date in that same area. This would provide some real data on the main page. 'Gathering Interest' is pretty useless information, as that is now true for every one of the resources.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 11:11 PM

That's a good idea, Mark. Let me think about that. One change that you will see coming in the near future is a new CP status:

1. Gathering Interest: up to 75% cost covered
  2. Almost There: between 75% and 100% cost covered
  3. Closing Soon: 100% or more cost covered

Perhaps we can tie in an exact percentage as well--maybe on hover? We'll see.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:55 AM

Suggested further improvements:

• Better contrast between the white and the bluish on the product pages (almost impossible to see the difference at present, with my eyes):

• Have the red/yellow/green vertical fields show up on the overview page (we need quick (one glance) access to the status of our own bids).

• Make hovering over the tiny graph bring up a popup with the larger graph (so that we can see the exact sums, without having to switch page).

• Make a click 'lock' the popup, so that we can place or change the bids from there (again without having to switch page).

• To the right, add 'estimated price' or something above the sum (to the uninitiated it now looks like an ordinary fixed price):

(Imagine you're new to Logos and Logos.com and do a search for 'Lightfoot'. Halfway down the page, among all the ordinary titles, you find this:

Would you understand that that isn't a fixed price? I doubt it. You'd probably figure out that the graph was somehow supposed to show the level of interest, but probably not that it had something to do with the price. And, yes, you would find out more if you clicked 'details', but what if it was instead the collection on Revelation, currently, I believe, at $160, and you found that far too much to motivate even looking at the details? Then you'd never know that you could have bidden $40.)

(Actually, 'estimated price' isn't good either; it still doesn't convey the idea that 'you can change this price/this price may go down'. And everything I've though of with 'current' or 'bid' in it makes it sound like an auction, where the price may go up, but never down. You'll have to come up with something better.)

(And, by the way, if you come to a CP product page this way, and don't already know what it is, the 'What's Community Pricing?' at the top right corner isn't all that visible.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:13 AM

fgh:

Suggested further improvements:

• Better contrast between the white and the bluish on the product pages (almost impossible to see the difference at present, with my eyes):

• Have the red/yellow/green vertical fields show up on the overview page (we need quick (one glance) access to the status of our own bids).

• Make hovering over the tiny graph bring up a popup with the larger graph (so that we can see the exact sums, without having to switch page).

• Make a click 'lock' the popup, so that we can place or change the bids from there (again without having to switch page).

I really like the idea of a pop up. With so many CPs available now (that's a good thing) it is a very time consuming process for me to check my bids and see where I've bid compared to what the going bid is.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:53 AM

You are able to see your bids and bid amounts from your "Orders" page in "Account". 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS