NASB paragraph spacing

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25
garretwnagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:58 PM

Um, so, my NASB 95 edition doesn't have any New Testament paragraph breaks. This makes it hard to exegete it... Can I change this or is it just a permanent annoyance? :)

Posts 4551
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 3:03 AM

garretwnagle:

Um, so, my NASB 95 edition doesn't have any New Testament paragraph breaks. This makes it hard to exegete it... Can I change this or is it just a permanent annoyance? :)

Sounds like you may have selected 'Bible Text Only'

Whereas you really want it switched off...

or am I mistaken?

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 4:56 AM

In the NASB, paragraph breaks are marked by a bold verse number. I'm not sure why this isn't put into paragraphs like the rest of our English Bibles, but it's been that way for years now.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 5:15 AM

It would nice to have a pragraph version in the NASB- but its not in there- I usually cut and paste and align the English txt to that of the NA27 paragraph divisions, yes its a little work- but worth it for myself.

Posts 25
garretwnagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:58 PM

This helps a lot. Well, not as much as if the NASB was formated in paragraph blocks but this does answer my question. Thanks LaRosa!

Posts 25
garretwnagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:59 PM

Guess I'll stick with the ESV rev-intralinear and NKJV then

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 27 2017 11:53 AM

Hello all! I have been in talks with Lockman about the paragraph version of the NASB. Here's the latest. 

Per Lockman: "Logos has now been contacted and they are looking into the technical changes needed to allow the NASB to switch between verse and paragraph format in their system."

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 1:41 PM

Per Logos: "We updated NASB95 so that it has paragraph formatting. We're planning on pushing the update out on Tuesday. (5/30)

For those who preferred the one verse/one line formatting we'll still have a visual filter that allows you to switch to one verse/one line formatting."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS