New Logos.com Redundancy on Product Page

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 3 2010 3:01 AM

I followed a link to http://www.logos.com/products/search?sort=bestselling and this is what I saw

The product tab is followed by two other tabs and then the word Products again with the number of hits after it.

Why is the second "Products" necessary? It seems redundant.

Also, when I clicked on Support the word "Product stayed" this only happened once, subsequent clicks had the text mirroring the tab.

Posts 39
Phil Gons | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 7:25 AM

1. The top Products tab is the main top-level navigation item.
  2. The next Products tab controls the scope of your search, limiting it to products only. Clicking on Support should change your search to support content. Clicking on Articles should broaden it to include all non-product content. Tabs should be hidden if there are no results.
  3. The next "Products" is the head of the breadcrumb, showing you where you are on the site.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 7:27 AM

Might the breadcrumb be more at home just above the "start browsing" column and below the banner?  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 7:57 AM

Speaking of redundancy,

When I was looking at the Anchor Yale Bible Commentary set, I noticed that a number of the volumes are shown twice http://www.logos.com/product/4470/anchor-yale-bible

I think this set is big enough already ;)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 1:56 PM

Phil Gons:

1. The top Products tab is the main top-level navigation item.
  2. The next Products tab controls the scope of your search, limiting it to products only. Clicking on Support should change your search to support content. Clicking on Articles should broaden it to include all non-product content. Tabs should be hidden if there are no results.
  3. The next "Products" is the head of the breadcrumb, showing you where you are on the site.

I wasn't talking about #1. It makes a lot of sense.

#2 has a green bar on the tab which seems to indicate the same information (minus the hits) as #3. Why not reduce #3 to just the number? Or, is there some reason that's not apparent to me for needing the word product twice almost side by side?

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:58 AM

This reminds me of an old SNL skit where Victoria Jackson rated movies with the following scale

• 4 stars - Pretty good
  • 3 stars - The best
  • 2 stars - The worst
  • 1 star - Pretty good.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS