Opening Tabs in Current Window Group

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:01 AM

A suggestion for a shortcut which might be helpful as an override (perhaps there is already one and I could not find it in my searches), would be to have a CTRL + (click on a link) to have an override of the current opening of a resource in a tab particular to a specific tab group window.

For instance, right now, tabs open in different windows other than the current location where you click the link (i.e. with the search tab open and clicking a link within the search results will open the new resource in a different window). An override such as CRTL + (click of the link) would open the resource in the SAME tab window group rather than have it open in a different tab group. This is something I have noticed would be a time saver.

If anyone knows of something that already exists that does this or something like it, please let me know. Thanks!

Blessings,

Chris

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:50 AM

I have only one window open and open all my tabs in that window. 

Posts 79
Operation Evangelism | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:04 PM

Thanks Nicky. It definitely ends up being a solution that I may have to return to doing as this was the way I used function in version 3. I was wondering if there might be a new way to do things in L4.

Does anyone know if there such a thing as noted in my original post available in L4 for side-by-side (or multi-window) environments?  Thanks!

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 6:10 PM

I've forgotten how to have all clicks open in one tab, instead of generating a new tab for each click. Help?

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 6:18 PM

I don't know of any shortcut keys for controlling where a resource ends up.  When I click on a link to open it, I click and hold it and drag it where I want it, even if that is in the same window.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS