Strack & Billerbeck please....

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 3 2010 1:57 PM

Ok, here's a series I'd like to see offered via Logos -- Kommentar Zum Neuen Testament Aus Talmud Und Midrasch by Hermann Strack and Paul Billerbeck -- translated into English of course.

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:16 PM

YesYesYes

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:22 PM

James Thompson:

Ok, here's a series I'd like to see offered via Logos -- Kommentar Zum Neuen Testament Aus Talmud Und Midrasch by Hermann Strack and Paul Billerbeck -- translated into English of course.

To the best of my knowledge this has never been translated, but I would like the work.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 3:26 PM

Don't know anything about it, but it sounds like something I might be interested in.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3
Todd L. Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:22 AM

I'd love to see this in Logos, too.

Posts 1
David S. Ritsema, PhD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:08 AM

I would like to see it as well.

Posts 7
Rich Milne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 3:25 AM

Amen. All my life I have seen the most inticing references to things in S-B, but not even small sections translated. Many articles on head covering quote from this source, but never translate the salient sections. Almost everything in the NT seems to have some comment and/or analogue in this set. So I add my vote and voice to this request as well!

Posts 1
RICHARD T. SHANKWEILER | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 4:58 PM

Strack and Billerbeck!  When shall we see this monumental work in English?  In software?

R T SHANKWEILER - PLANTATION FLORIDA

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2011 6:21 PM

RICHARD T. SHANKWEILER:

Strack and Billerbeck!  When shall we see this monumental work in English?  In software?

R T SHANKWEILER - PLANTATION FLORIDA

Perhaps never.  It still hasn't been translated, and I doubt it will be translated just for Logos (Though I could be wrong -- there's Vos)..

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1
James T. Mace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:09 AM

Yes, I also would like S-B.

Posts 1507
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 10:03 AM

+1 ...important as it is cited so often, but it has to be used with great care. Cf. for example the criticisms of it in this article from the JBL: http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/parallelomania_sandmel.pdf)
and also here: http://helpmewithbiblestudy.org/13reference/comm_IVPBibleBackgroundNT.aspx

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:23 AM

Everyone knows the S-B is a bit anachronistic, but there is really nothing like it in comparing the New Testament with the Talmud and Midrash. And the integration with Logos would be fantastic! Yes

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:01 AM

The wait is over! We have now placed an English translation of Str-B on PrePub. But for it to become a reality, we will need your help! Please place your order and tell everyone you know to do the same. Let's make STr-B a reality and do something awesome.

Commentary on the New Testament from the Talmud and Midrash: English and German (6 vols.)

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:20 AM

Clifford Kvidahl:
The wait is over! We have now placed an English translation of Str-B on PrePub.

WHAT?!?!   I can't believe it.

Logos ought now to receive the greatly overused title: "Epic".

Posts 7
Rich Milne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:36 AM

Hope all you posters have pre-ordered! The final price will likely be much higher. And great thanks to the Logos powers-that-be (below Jesus that is) for choosing to go for this one. And notice that you can order the German, the English, or both. Thanks again!

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:44 AM

I'm in on the English translation ($149.95).

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:49 AM

Rich Milne:

Hope all you posters have pre-ordered! The final price will likely be much higher. And great thanks to the Logos powers-that-be (below Jesus that is) for choosing to go for this one. And notice that you can order the German, the English, or both. Thanks again!

I need an official response from Logos.  I pre-ordered both separately since I want it as soon as it can be made available which presumably would be the German edition.  I don't claim, however, to be totally proficient in German so I would like the English as well when available.  I could save some $$ if I were to order the combo instead.  WILL THE GERMAN PORTION BE AVAILABLE AT THE SAME TIME WHETHER ORDERED SEPARATELY OR TOGETHER?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:59 AM

Now might be a good time to add a German Dictionary/Lexicon integrated with Logos..... Confused

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:07 PM

I've successfully kept my book purchasing to Libronix format except for some keepers (pretty much 3 per year; this year's almost used up).

But Billerbeck and the Hebrew lexicon one have to be MAJOR exceptions. 

This is truly a dream. I assume whoever was pushing it in Logos, pushed A LOT.  Thank you!

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:12 PM

I hope the sheep page goes away so we can see what George is discussing.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS